1

If there was one person Kang Taehyun despised the most it would be Choi Beomgyu. He was the epitome of everything that Taehyun hates, loud, obnoxious, a trouble maker, rich, somehow smart, athletic, perfect. Everyone loved him. No matter who.

And Taehyun? He was just a scrawny little kid who became orphaned at the tender age of 10 and managed to get into the country's most prestigious high school with a full scholarship. Really it was a miracle. Except getting into the school wasn't Taehyun's biggest worry. It was surviving it.

See every school no matter where had a hierarchy. There was no rules except one. The Law of the Jungle. It was the survival of the fittest. Power was all. And people like Taehyun happen to be at the very bottom of the hierarchy. The ones that get bullied and made fun of. Those at the bottom are torn apart without mercy and chewed out. And you see people like Beomgyu were the apex predators of the jungle. They have it all, money, background, talent, looks. Being born in a judgmental society and being in a prestigious school on top of that meant only one thing. To be at the top you had to be perfect. And to be perfect you couldn't just be smart. You had to have the looks, money, and strength, be athletic, popular, extrovert and talent.

To go to a place like that may seem toxic and difficult to most and it is, but Taehyun never was given a choice. Being an orphan it was either get a scholarship and take it or go to some shitty run down high school which wouldn't be enough credit for what he wanted to do.

His high school life wasn't completely bad. Sure a certain Choi Beomgyu would always pick on him and tease the younger for being weaker, smaller and poorer then him. Always picking him up physically, taunting his stuff and clothes to prove his point. It wasn't knew for Taehyun to find his notebooks wet or missing or for him to find his entire desk missing. He always got into trouble with the teachers for things like not having his book or pencil case with him or having to stand for the entire lesson because his desk was missing. It was humiliating and it wasn't even his fault.

The teachers never said anything because let's be real who would want to get on the bad side of some powerful rich parent for a small orphan kid?

The day he finally got out of the hell hole called high school he ran away. Away from Seoul, away from anything to do with Beomgyu. Instead he applied for a job. Not your regular job that you can find listed under work in the newspaper or some site. But going to a prestigious school and putting up with all the people there finally got put to use. Using some of the classified information from the school Taehyun had managed to contact one of the best government agencies, Chaos, and apply as a secret agent recruit at the age of 16.

Maybe some good came out of going to that damn school because not only did he get accepted but surviving the training period became somewhat easier for him. It was a similar environment as that of his high school. A survival of the fittest. Winner takes all. It didn't even matter if you had the money or the backing. If you didn't have the strength or talent you're out.

In the entire 3 years of training Taehyun had seen so many trainees lose their shine and drop out, either by their own free will or forced to due to not meeting their requirements. And now it was his second year as an official agent and at the age of 21 he was one of their best.