Rules

The Dream Universe TTRPG

World build
Factions/Organization:

1. La Generación: A group of Humans who defend the Earth from the threats that lurk in The Dream world or escape into our reality. Their abilities rely more on Team building and Supporting their teams.

2. The Ancients: A Faction from planet Kafle that protects threats from their world entering the Dream Universe and invading other planets, this faction is in charge of keeping Skietzel the Destroyer sealed in their homeworld. They concentrate on attack maneuvers that aid the teams strategically in combat such as assassination, and spells, and they have thrived in The Dream Universe since before humans even existed they've been applying The Dream Universe to their world.

3. Earth World Science Organization: This Earth Organization was founded by scientists who will do anything no matter the cause to further their research and human development. They saw interest in The DU after the Skietzel invasion. This Organization Is great with item and DNA alteration, they use their knowledge to enhance their bodies or tools during combat and in real-life situations to aid them in battle.

4. Borinquen: This faction is a branch of the Borinquen Nation founded by Uruyuan in an alternate timeline. They can jump thru timelines using a special key inside The DU and they are the guardians of their Earth. After the year 2020, they were able to use the Upgraded Suit which was given to them to protect during Skietzels invasion and along with the Mind Staff that they reversed engineered from Skietzels army. They can master reality itself and use weapons with their minds. This allows them to use abilities Known as Bending and they can manipulate matter into their will, and in any direction they specify as much in the wake world, as is on the DU.

There are 4 tiers in a Faction/Organization:

1. Dreamer: You can earn faction bonds for your faction upon completing missions. This tier is unlocked once you accumulate 5 Faction Bonds.

2. Lucid Dreamer: You can use your ability once on each mission. This tier is unlocked once you accumulate 10 Faction Bonds.

3. Dream Master: You may use your ability once per battle. The ability will be triggered once when the DM chooses. This tier is unlocked once you accumulate 15 Faction Bonds.

4. Reality Master: You can choose when to use your ability (Once per battle) at will by the player, not the DM. This tier is unlocked once you accumulate 20 Faction Bonds.

5. If a player chooses to change faction he must relinquish his accumulated Faction Bonds and complete a campaign without a faction. His faction change will begin from scratch on the next campaign. (This is helpful to have characters change their abilities.) Each Faction gives the character a different ability pool.

Narrative Rolls

Response Rolls: A D20 roll that allows the character to be saved from certain dangerous situations during narrative interactions. The minimum roll for success is 12>. It is composed of 1 D20 Dice roll.

Verb Rolls: A roll to determine the success rate of the action of a character. The minimum roll for success is 12>. It is composed of 1 D20 Dice roll.

Narrative Item Roll: Every time a character uses a vehicle or item it will require a success roll of 30 >. It is composed of 3 D20 Dice rolls.

COMBAT SYSTEM

To make it different than most other games the combat system will compose stack attack rolls to defeat characters in a battle. With this in mind, the game may be played with one or two players, however, it would be a lot more fun with players up to 6 in one campaign.