Chapter 1-Evading My Love

Slight warning, there's a bit of sexual content in this chapter. Nothing horrible, but Don't read it if you don't want to.
So for the first time ever, I have actual chapter titles. Haha. Please comment. Let me know what you think and spread the word! I swear it gets better (;

Enjoy!

Chapter 1
Evading My Love

I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face as I turned yet another page in the file. I hated desk work. I would much rather be out in the fresh air, chasing criminals.
I pushed my desk chair back, making the awful noise with the legs. I heard someone call my name and I smirked. Everyone hated when I did that.
"Will you be ready to go in thirty?" Chief asked as he walked into my office.
"Yes, sir." I nodded.
"Good. Go ahead and start suiting up. We need to get there in time." He said.
I nodded and stretched out my back before walking down to the locker room. I carefully keyed in my lock combination. And opened the door, pulling out my boots, knife, belt, and vest. I pulled off my other shoes and tied up my combat boots, making sure they were tight. The belt went around my waist with my emergency handgun clipped to it, along with my badge. I bent down and secured my knife to my ankle holder and tucked my pants over it, making it look inconspicuous. As I pulled the vest that read "K-9 UNIT" over my head, more people walked into the locker room to get ready. I tightened the straps around my ribs and over my shoulders, making sure it covered what it needed to. Once I was all ready and had double checked everything, I walked out to the kennels.

I took a deep breath as we entered the dark alley. All I heard is the quiet click of Dash's nails on the ground. My boots hardly made a sound as I made my way stealthily through the shadows.
I heard Dash let out a low growl and I clicked my tongue once, making him go silent instantly.
I can feel the presence of the rest of my team behind me, along with a few other SWAT agents. They're following Dash and me as we follow a trail.
I tap the toe of my boot twice on the ground and we stop. I can see the silhouette of Dash's ears pricking while he holds his tail high, and he starts shifting his weight on his paws like he does when he's excited to go home.
I hummed low in my throat, his signal to proceed, and he hesitated.
I bumped him with my knee and he walked forward, his tail slightly lowered.
I furrowed my eyebrows at his odd behaviour and followed him.
I heard voices and I held up my hand, hearing the soft steps cease.
I tapped my ear twice, and held up a hand as I walked forward, signing to Dash to follow.
He crept up to the corner with me and I took out my scope, positioning it so I could see around the wall.
I saw many figures, some at tables made with various articles of trash, others standing by the walls. All of them had some form of drug in their hand.
I found what looked to be the leader and signalled for the rest of the team to proceed to their positions.
I waited as the team shifted into position and when I heard my earpiece crackle in my ear, I knew it was okay to proceed.
"This is the police! We have you surrounded! Everyone in the area, get on your knees with your hands on your head!" I commanded, bringing the deeper, more authoritative tone to my voice.
A handful of people did as commanded, giving up on the spot, knowing they could never out run us in their state.
Most of them, however, turned and fled. The remaining few, including the leader, pulled out weapons of their own.
I saw the leader start to edge their way to the right of the group and then he disappeared.
"Stop!" I heard the chief shout at the armed enemies.
I skirted to the edge of the area, sneaking around to where I had watched the leader melt into the shadows.
I whistled for Dash and he bounded over to my side.
"Sniff." I commanded.
He set his nose near the ground and as he started sniffing, I saw his tail start to wag.
Confused, but still alert with my gun poised to shoot if needed, I followed him.
We padded silently down a winding tunnel. I would've never found this place unless I had followed the leader.
As I fully entered the tunnel I was met with a familiar smell. It smelled like dirt. I recognised it, but I couldn't place where I knew it from.
Dash started whining, scratching and pawing at the ground.
"Styles!" A voice bellowed over my earpiece, making me jump.
"Copy." I said lowly.
"We've got about seven people. They can't be over twenty. Ridiculous." My friend and SWAT partner, Liam said incredulously.
"They start younger and younger every year, mate." I said. "I followed the leader down a tunnel, but I think I lost him." I sighed.
"Alright, chief, report back then. We'll be called back again sooner or later. Depends on how long it takes Niall to get another date out of them." He smiled.
Niall was our ears. We got him on the inside, which is how we knew where and when they would meet today. He pretended to be a druggie, buying drugs and bringing them back to headquarters so we could process them.
Niall was also Liam's fiancé. Only close friends and family knew about it. Not everyone at work knew because of the fact that they were gay. But everyone knew just how close they were from the care they showed to each other.
Niall hadn't been able to get away with the drugs one time and had to take them on the spot. Having told Liam through an earpiece, Liam had driven down to find him once he staggered out of the meeting.
Liam had gathered up the blonde in his arms and promptly taken him home to sleep off the effects of the drug.
"I'll report. See you in a bit." I said, brining myself back to the present.
"Dash, c'mon." I said, calling him.
He whined and looked back down the tunnel as we walked out.
"What's wrong, buddy?"
He looked up at me with sad eyes.
"We're going home soon. Promise." I said, smiling.
His mouth opened as he started panting, and he started wagging his tail happily.
I grinned to myself, loving how well I could read my dog.