chapter 21. home sweet home

CHEYENNES POV

It's 8:47am, I can smell the eggs, bacon, all the breakfast you could probably think of being made in the kitchen. I can hear the laughter, the stories. I can hear the joy in their voices as they sit around the table eating while Connor and Ricky are making food because they are the only ones that seem to make some good breakfast.

I'm still in bed exhausted and tired. I only got a couple hours of sleep, I was up all night thinking of Sam, of home, school, everything.

I finally decided to get up out of bed and walk to the kitchen seeing everyone in their happy smiles. All the chatter and the noise brings back some happy memories from this last week.

How could I be mad/sad about all this. They were family. Now I'm just going to be a memory that's going to be lost and fade away like dust, in a couple of hours.

I saw there was an empty seat at the table for me with an empty plate waiting to be filled with food. I couldn't resist because I was so hungry from all the exhaustion. I needed to get some energy in me. Besides who can pass up bacon, am I right ladies?

"To one amazing week!" Says Connor raising his glass of orange juice. Hollers and yells from everyone at the table fill the room. We all dig in and there are little chatters from everyone. I was sitting next to Jarrad, "I'm actually happy to go back home. This was a crazy week."

"You know I have to agree with you on that one. My mind is set on my bed, oh how I can't wait to sleep in my own bed." I say with a deep sigh.
I look over at Sam who's eating and chatting with Kian. I stare at him for awhile, he did not once stare at me. Not even for a split second. I guess it really is over.

Once we are all done eating we gather our bags and head to the airport, with 30 minutes to spare. Jarrad and I join genesis and marina who are in one of the stores to buy some snacks for the ride because we all know airplane food is crap. Well back to normal boring life I guess.

SAMS POV.

I want to look at her so badly. I want to hold her hand and laugh with her. But I can't, I can't because I need to stop this endless fight. If she doesn't want to be with me than that's fine, I won't hate her for her decision. To imagine what this trip would've been like if me and Kian hadn't missed that plane to NYC and met Cheyenne and her friends and what it would've been like to not know Shy personally and her be another face in the crowd is crazy to think about. It's a mind fuck.

What would it have been like without this random stranger I began to care about and even love...

But I know after we head home I won't have time to be with her with the channel and all. As much as I don't like it, I'm glad she has Jarrad.

"Flight 815 New York City to California, flight 815 New York City to California ready for take off in 20 minutes." Says the lady on the over com. That's our Que.

CHEYENNES POV.

We all get into the plane and take our seats. Thankfully Jarrad has a seat with me in the same row. He sat next to me and told the person who was suppose to sit between us that we were family and the guy didn't mind. I searched for Sam to find him 3 rows down from mine on the opposite side.

About 14 minutes in everyone is seated and they close the doors. Once we start to leave its only seconds before we're in the air and I am able to relax. Jarrad grabs hold of my hand and smiles, "you know what this means don't you? School." He made a stink face and I laughed.

4 hours later.

I wake to catch myself in Jarrad's shoulder. We are about to land and I wake Jarrad so he can buckle his seat belt.

The plane lands and we exit and met up outside. Everyone was giving hugs even though 90% of them would see each other again. All of o2l hugged me except for Sam who was waiting at the back. After my hug from Jc I walk over to him.

"I guess this is goodbye." I say looking at the ground stopping myself from becoming more nervous then when I was walking over here. "Yea," he replied standing stiff and awkward, "see you sometime yeah?" "Yeah" I smile. We hug and go our separate ways. I look back to see him staring at me I give a slight smile and he just turns around. Why do I feel bad?

"HOME SWEET HOME!" Genesis and Marina yell and dance with Jarrad grabbing all our hands and spinning like what we did when we were younger. So much peace, so much love.

AT HOME.

"You're home!" My mom yells waiting for me in the living room. "Yeah, is this where you give me some homemade lunch and we talk about my trip?" I say leaving my stuff by the door.

"Actually no, instead of a homemade lunch I got us some cheeseburgers and fries from Burger Mania." She led me to the table. "Even better!" We both sit and I tell her everything, except of course what happened with Sam.

I'm just happy to be back home with my friends.

3 years later

"Where are you taking me." I say to Jarrad as he leads me somewhere blindfolded. "Just a couple more steps." he says and take off my blindfold. We're at my backyard sad to say, but there is a cute little picnic waiting for us on the grass.

"So cheesy." I laugh at Jarrad who agrees with me on the fact.

"Best birthday ever probably."
"Yeah, well I wanted to do something nice for you to make up for all the years I made crap," he says bring back the many birthday memories of punches and pranks when we were younger. " I love you." he adds.
He loves me? Does he actually mean it? He grabs my hand and kisses me. Do I love him? Yeah I've had a crush on him but love, maybe. "I love you too." I say because I think I do love him.

The door bell rings. "I thought you didn't invite anyone, it was just us." I say and see the confused look on Jarrad's face. "I didn't."
I know it's not Genesis or Marina because we're going somewhere later tonight, and that's hours away.

I get up to get the door and see a guy having his back towards me. "Uh hello?" The man turns around and its Sam.