chapter 5

𝟏𝟐.𝟗.𝟐𝟎┊ ༑ ࿐ྂ。
𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5

Willow finished her coffee, one of her nervous habits is drinking several coffees throughout the day.

She ordered an Uber and the driver took her to Emery's apartment. Emery lives with her boyfriend, Cole.

The Uber dropped her off outside the apartment complex and Willow took the elevator up to the third story, where her sister's apartment was.

She promptly knocked on the door, fidgeting with the rings on her fingers.

"Who is it, oh hey Willow!" Cole exclaimed when he saw the girl. He brought her in for a hug. It had been a year since she last saw him.

Cole was basically a part of the family.

"Hi, how have you been?" She replied when they broke apart from the hug.

"Good, you?" He asked back.

"Pretty good." She smiled.

"Who is it?" She could hear Emery shout from the living room.

"It's your sister." He yelled back and she could hear her sister mumble a cuss word.

Cole welcomed Willow in. She took her shoes off and walked into the living room. Her sister was watching television.

"Hey sis." She piped up, awkward silence filling the air.

"Hi Willow." Emery sounded annoyed.

"Emery, that's no way to talk to your sister, especially after she flew all this way to see you." Cole frowned, scolding her.

Emery paused the tv and stared at her little sister.

"Look, I'm sorry for overreacting. I'm just overprotective and wasn't keen on the idea of a stranger, nonetheless a boy, sharing a hotel room with you." Emery admitted.

"It's fine, I was freaked out at first, but give Daniel a chance. He's super nice and doesn't mean harm." Willow responded.

"Can I meet him? And apologize of course." She sighed.

"Sure, he's a bit busy today, with work." Willow commented.

"I get it, maybe tonight or another day."
She asked and Willow nodded.

"Can I sit?" She asked and Emery nodded in reply.

"What are you watching?" Willow questioned and Cole sat down next to Emery on the couch.

"Grey's Anatomy." Her sister responded.

"I love this show, I haven't watched it in months." She commented.

"How about we all go get ice cream? My treat!" Cole suggested out of the silence.

"Sure." Emery and Willow accepted.

"Okay let's go."

The three of them got their belongings and Cole drove them to a local ice cream shop. They enjoyed their sundaes and people watched from a table outside the ice cream parlor.

Willow's phone began to buzz with texts and she opened it up. She had requested Daniel's number in case something went wrong at the hotel.

Daniel: Hey, I'm going out for lunch with the boys. We have a break in between meetings. Want to join us?

Willow stared at the text and Emery noticed her sister.

"What's up?" Emery questioned.

"Daniel just texted me, he's asking if I want to meet him for lunch." She replied.