Chapter 1

"Deep down inside there has always been a crazy side." I sighed. "See the thing is, it's not me. It's those who trigger me. I still feel as if I did nothing wrong. It wasn't my fault. I'm sure you understand."

________________

"Bailey, I am not about to eat that! Ewww! Get it out of my face!" I laughed, as she dangled the nasty pickle in my face. I do not like pickles.

"Awe girl! Every black girl loves pickles. What are you ?" She chuckled as she began to bite into the pickle.

"I'm a black girl who does not love pickles, obviously." I responded.

"Yes, yes. I'm aware." She dug into her small pickle jar for another one. "Mmmm.." she bit into the pickle. "How could you not?"

I chuckled getting up, walking to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. There was a small knock at the door. I looked at the door before going to see who it was. Looking into the peep hole, it was Bailey's boyfriend, Bryce. I picked the locks, opening the door.

"Hi Bryciiiiiii." I sung as he gave me a small hug. "She's in there" I pointed, "Eating those nasty pickles."

"On God them shits nasty." He chuckled walking into the living room.

I was at Bailey's house for the day. I couldn't go back home, not while he was there. I come over to Bailey's most of the time when Lucas and I are arguing. Nowadays me and Lucas never see eye to eye. We're always arguing about the simplest things which turns into a violent outbreak and hurtful words thrown in each other's face.

I never really understood how it got this bad though. We're so desperately trying to hold on to this relationship but it just isn't working. We were the perfect couple a few months ago. We went on trips, surprised each other with small gifts here and there, went all out for each other's birthday, etc. All those lovey dovey couple things. Maybe things got this way because-

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Tobin licking my face. I groaned, "Oh Tobin not right now." He whimpered for a while and I sighed. "Okay c'mon just for a little." I picked him up as he wagged his tail and licked my face once again. I walked to the back, passing Bailey and Bryce up. I went out to the backyard and played with Tobin a little. My mind just kept wandering off to Lucas. I had a gut feeling that something was going on behind my back.

I didn't want to think about it any longer.

I decided to just go back inside and take a nap. Tobin followed right behind me as I walked into the room that I was staying in.

I sighed and plumped down on the bed, rubbing my head. I am just so stressed right now for no reason I thought to myself. Or is there a reason? That gut feeling was still there but I brushed it off. I got up and went into the bathroom starting the shower. I studied myself in the mirror for a while before hopping in the shower.

As I got out, my phone began to ring. I groaned, who is calling me? I picked the phone up and it was Lucas. I rolled my eyes as I sat the phone back down.

Part of me wanted to answer and the other part wanted to ignore him. I dried myself off and put on my clothes. The phone rang again, I picked it up before walking to the bed. I sat the phone back down after looking at who it was. It was Lucas again. The phone rang 3 more times but I was tired, so I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

I was awoken by the voice of Bailey. "Sasha wtf I'm getting so fed up with Lucas. I'm gonna kill him please— showed up at my door asking if you were here. Girl he tried to come in when I told him you weren't here. He's lucky Bryce left because-"

"Bailey!" I cut her off. "I'm gonna talk to him." I sighed, rubbing my eyes as they tried to adjust to the bright light.

"What do you mean? You're going back to stay with him?"