A Paranoid Man with Abandonment Issues

'Answer my call' It was the last text he had sent to his girlfriend. It had been an hour and she still had not read it. Clyde would grumble as he would brush his pale fingers through his hair. He was not a very muscular male. He was on the skinnier side and his hair was long and quite fluffy. He had just washed it.
"God, Jessica, answer my calls!" Clyde shouted at his phone. This was not quite unusual for Jessica. She never seemed to have her phone on or near her. But today was not the day to lose her phone.

Clyde is a paranoid man with abandonment issues. His girlfriend is a forgetful girl with boundless energy.
"Maybe she forgot her phone somewhere and she got busy. Nothing to worry about. Really nothing." Clyde would sigh as he turned and saw a woman.
"She's cheating on you Clyde." The woman gave a devious grin.

"Go away, Ari. Please?" The skinny tall male sat on his couch with a groan.

Clyde would lift his head and look around. The room was small and run down. He would look down at his green couch that had faded since he had taken it from his parent's garage.

"Why else would she not be answering her phone. She. Is. Cheating." Ari would appear next to him and whisper the last few words into his left ear. He would turn to her quickly. She was laughing, she was laughing at him.
"I told you to go away. Please just this once." He stood quickly and walked passed her in hopes of getting away from her. He walked down the hall that was dimly lit by a lamp on a side table that had a single drawer. The light was kept on after six and it was turned off before he heads to bed. But instead of simply turning it off he would unplug it. He looked at his phone which had vibrated. He would get excited in hopes that it was his girlfriend.

A little notification popped up. 'Fifteen percent battery'. He groaned and put his phone back into his pocket. He opened the door to his bathroom and looked into the mirror for a moment. He would turn the water on to the sink. The squeak of the nibs making him wince. He really ought to get that fixed. He would hear the water rushing out as he looked at his face. Ari was standing behind him.
"Why won't you leave me alone..." Clyde spoke into the mirror. He didn't want to listen to what she had to say. He would bend down and wash his face turning the nobs so that the water would stop. His ears cursing his name at the sound of nails on a chalkboard squeaking.
"I am part of you silly. You can't get rid of me." Ari would let out a happy giggle as he turned to face her.
"You weren't around when I was young." He spoke glaring at the woman who was dressed as if she were cold.
"Yes, I was," Ari gave a grin, "I was your best friend when you were only this tall." She gestured with her hand about three feet. He must have been at least five or six years old. He could never have remembered this memory of Ari. He turned away from her now just ignoring her and thinking about if maybe she was right. Had she been there his entire life? He shook his head.
"No." He said softly and Ari shuffled closer.
"What did you say, hun?" Her smooth southern accent turning more country southern when she spoke the word hun.
"No! There is no way you were with me when I was younger." Clyde felt someone touching him and when he looked up in the mirror she had her head on his shoulder.
"But I was." She smiled as she looked into the mirror at him.
"You were there when I was seventeen. You have to be getting things mixed up. God! Why am I even arguing with you? You aren't even real!" Clyde brushed her off and walked out of the bathroom. He would go to his bedroom and plug his phone is sitting on his bed.
"Please answer my calls, Jessica." Clyde sighed as he lay his phase on his own pillow.