The Time Where You and I Become One

"I thought you didn't like wearing suits?"

"Not really, I just find them a bit uncomfortable. And besides, I'm meeting the freaking CEO of one of the largest companies in this country. And he's your dad, Lou. You think I don't want to look the best I can for this?"

Jack flipped onto his stomach, keeping his phone pressed against his ear, and propped himself on his elbows as he swung his legs in the air.

"Also, you could finally see me in one. Don't you want that?"

Louis snorted. "Can't say you're wrong there."

Jack giggled.

"Do you have one?" The deer asked. "I can get one if you don't."

"What? Why?"

Louis scoffed. "What? Can't buy you clothes?"

"You can, but I wasn't going to buy one anyway. Dad has one my size that he let me use," said Jack. "Though you're free to do that anytime. I don't mind free clothes," he joked, earning a chuckle from the deer.

"That settles it then."

"Mhm, bye for now, Lou."

"Remember, dinner's on Saturday."

"Yeah yeah, you don't have to remind me again."

Louis chuckled. "Just in case."

Jack ended the call after they said their goodbyes. He sighed as he stared at the ceiling from his bed. A dinner with his dad... can't say he wasn't nervous. He probably would need to answer a lot of questions later from Oguma.

He did see him that one time at the park, and he seemed like a decent person at least. So that provided the labrador some comfort.

"Someone's going on a dinner date I see."

Jack turned around on his bed, meeting Miguno's head that was peeking through the curtains. He rolled his eyes jokingly. "Yes, I am. Jealous? I bet it's going to be extra delicious."

"Pfft, hardly. With a CEO? Sounds scary if anything. Good luck though."

"Thanks." Jack looked at the hyena closer. He was wearing a flannel shirt and a pair of jeans. "Going somewhere?"

Miguno grinned. He pointed his thumb at the coyote behind him. "Just grabbing some coffee with Durry. Want to come with?" he asked. "If you're free, that is."

"What? But I thought it was just going to be the two of us!" exclaimed Durham. "No offense or anything, Jack."

"'S fine, you two have your fun out there. I'd just be the third wheel if I come anyway."

Miguno raised an eyebrow. "Whaat? You wouldn't"

"You two can barely hold it together before going lovey-dovey in front of everyone," said Jack matter-of-factly. "I very much think I would."

"As if you and Louis don't do that too when we're around," countered Durham, now standing beside Miguno.

"But we don't?"

Miguno snorted. "Yeah right. Say that when you both don't snuggle up close during every movie night with us and whisper cute shit, thinking everyone can't hear it. I mean, it's adorable yeah, but still."

Oh.

"...You heard all that?"

The hyena chuckled. "We very much did. I'm surprised none of us got diabetes from that."