Chapter 15

(James POV)
It has been three days since Hadaza gave birth to our daughter. We are now getting ready to leave the hospital and head home. I am busy getting the car ready while my wife is up in her room getting ready to leave with our little daughter. A few moments later I walk in with the car seat and set it down on the chair and help my wife put our daughter in it safely. "Ready to go?" I ask my wife. She just nods and smiles putting her mask on as she grabs the carrier. I grab her bag and make my way out with her and our daughter to my car. Once we were there I place the car seat against my seat and then help my wife in and head home once I knew everyone was safer in my family. "It feels so good to go home." My wife says happily. "It does feel good. Now we have a new little human in our life." I say grabbing her hand and drive focusing on the room. My wife just smiles and checks on our daughter who was asleep.

I arrive home shortly and park turning my car off and get out helping my wife out. Once she was out she unstraps our daughter from the car seat and gently carries her inside. I go with them and open the door and let my wife in. "I'm going to go start the wash." I say to my wife. "I'll just be here." She says sitting on the couch and gently holds our daughter in her arms. I start the wash and then go back to my wife and daughter. "Awwww shhh baby girl. It's okay shhh." I hear my wife say to the baby. Autumn cries loudly upset. "Hey princess why are you so upset huh?" I ask sitting next to my wife. Autumn just continues to cry loudly. "You don't need to eat. You ate before we left." My wife coos and rocks her. "Maybe she needs changing." I say looking at her. "Yeah. Maybe. I'll go." She says getting ready to get up. "No let me change her. Why don't you go shower?" I say standing and take my crying daughter. "Okay." Hadaza says going to shower while I go to change my daughter.

"Hey now. Shhhh don't cry princess. You crying is going to make daddy cry." I coo softly changing her and calm her down. Autumn calms down and blinks stretching. "See you are okay." I say smiling and finish changing her and pick her up gently. Autumn just coos and lays against my shoulder gently. I smile and hold her rocking her gently and rub her back. She starts making this cute noises that make me fall in love with her even more. "You trying to make daddy fall in love with you more? Huh baby girl?" I coo rocking her softly. Autumn continues to coo and make the sound as I look at her. "This is a site I can't get over." I hear my wife say causing me to look up. "Well get use to it. You will be seeing this a lot." I say smiling at her. Autumn whines a bit causing my attention to go straight to her. "What is it princess?" I ask. Autumn stops whining the minute I look at her.

"You just want daddy's attention huh? Isn't that right?" I coo softly and stroke her cheek. "I told you she's going to be a daddy's girl. She has you wrapped around her little finger already." My wife says placing her hand on my arm. "I believe you are right love. But I think she'll like you too. I'm going to go check on the wash then hop in the shower." I say gently passing my daughter to her mother. She just nods and takes her sitting down in the rocker. I go and check the wash then shower. After I showered I dry off and change and go check on my wife and daughter to see how they are doing.

I arrive outside the room and I hear my wife humming softly putting our daughter to sleep. "Sleep my darling safe and sound for when all is lost then all is found. Mommy loves you baby girl. Sleep." I hear says as she puts our daughter down and turns on the monitor and leaves the room bumping into me. "Oh god. James you scared me." She says softly and leans against the wall putting her hand on her chest then lightly hits me. "I'm sorry love I meant to make some noise when you came out but I was just taken by you putting our daughter to sleep." I say smiling down at her. "Mmmm next time make some noise okay." She says smiling up at me and patting my chest softly as she makes her way downstairs. I smile and follow her and cuddle her on the couch.

(Few week time skip... still James POV)

It's been six weeks since Hadaza and autumn came home from the hospital and so much has happened in the past six weeks. We are finally able to have family over which I'm excited about. My brother and his wife came over with my nephews and Oliver got to meet his niece for the first time. He also told me that him and my parents are planning on moving over to the states so they are closer to us and they can baby sit. I am beyond thrilled that my brother and my parents are going to be living near us and that I have my family close to me. Hadaza is beyond excited to have Katy here which I don't blame her I mean Katy is fun but I mainly think she's happy she's going to be here so she can get advice.