The Christmas Eve Night Mail Run

it was Christmas Eve and my boss Teaspoon Hunter and Ms. Emma were getting ready for Christmas they were planning a Christmas Party for all of us riders. everyone was happy about Christmas. i sat alone on my bed in the bunk house looking at a picture of my mother dear sweet Catherine McCarty i had missed my mother so much. i thought about the promise that i had broke the promise that i made to my mother when she had passed away. i had broke that promise that day that i became an outlaw and messed up my life. but God had looked down on me and gave me a second chance to make a brand new start and a new life. i had got a job riding for the pony express two days before Thanksgiving and just before thanksgiving i became a deputy for sheriff Cain. Buck came into the bunk sat next to and asked " what is wrong Billy?" i told Buck that i was missing my mother. Buck looked at me and said " i know how you feel Billy i miss my mother too" i knew that the security riders was coming to the Christmas party Teaspoon came into the bunk house told me and Buck that he needed a rider to make the mail run before the Christmas party that night. i told Teaspoon that i would make the mail run. i had made the mail run  and was headed home to the pony express station when i had got caught in a blinding snow of a blizzard i could not see to make it back to the express station i came up on a house it looked warm inside. and inside the family that lived there was having a Christmas party of there own. i didn't want to bother them so i bed down in their barn and even that brought back memories of when i was found by Mr. Tunstall. the lady of the house her name is Ms. Lillian told her sweetheart Lawrence Talbot that she had heard something or someone in their barn. i sit wrapped up in blanket that i had with me trying to keep warm. Lawrence came out to the barn to see what was going on. he founds me sitting half frozen against the back wall of their barn. he brings me inside to help me get warmed up before i caught a cold or pneumonia and they made me a part of their family. this is the story of my first Christmas the pony express. everyone that knows me says that i am like a child when it came to Christmas time. that i loved a good surprise. but me getting a family was the greatest surprise ever.