Chapter 1: Getting Ready

"Mooooooooom, why can't I bring my phone and laptop while we're camping?" I asked mom impatiently.

"Because we are going to enjoy nature and you know that. Plus, you were never allowed to bring your phone and laptop before so why would you bring them now?" Mom replied, making perfect sense.

I guessed she was right, but I wasn't about to give up just yet. "So why do you get to bring your phone every time?" I asked

"Because I'm the mom." She replied and finally I relented. Mom didn't know that soon, it could've cost me my life.

I looked around my room. It was strewn with clothes and books and other things. I knew I'd come back in a week. I've done this every year but it never gets easier. I always end up having a great time out in the wilderness but then it happens all over again.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot to tell you my name! I'm Elizabeth Bloom, but if you don't call me Lizzie, you might get seriously hurt. Just saying. I'm 12, and I live in Meadows, California and I'm in 7th grade. I'm an only child and I don't have any pets or anything like that.

Anyway, I packed and went downstairs. I was kinda hungry and craving something sweet, so I poured a glass of chocolate milk for myself and grabbed a book off the bookshelf, and started reading.

The book was called The World of Mystics. I had gotten it at the bookstore the day before. Apparently, it was about the creation of magic and all of the magical creatures and stuff like that but I obviously didn't believe in all that stuff. That was before.

"Lizzie, stop reading, and help me get these tents and bags into the car!" Dad called and I bookmarked my page, threw the book into my bag, and went to go help Dad. After that, I got a bag and put in some snacks for the trip, and we set off on the 2-hour road trip to our campsite.

A/N

 Sorry about the short chapter, if anyone's reading this. I'll do 2 chapters today. Also, I'm really new to all this Wattpad stuff so please help me understand this stuff.