Chapter 9

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

Amelia's POV

Today was the day of the attack.

We had managed to get over 200 soldiers who had volunteered to fight. We thanked them with all our heart and gave them instructions on what our plan would consist of.

We had all gathered around outside my kingdom and were now on our way to the Kingdom of Ivory.

As I sit in my carriage and look out the window many things come to mind. What will happen if we do not win? Will our kingdom completely fall? How am I supposed to manage an entire kingdom if my people do not trust me? If today came out as we planned it would be the last day I would ever see Sebastian. The contract would have already fulfilled itself and we can go back to how it used to be. No more fighting between Ice and Fire however no alliance either. We would both be ruling our kingdoms how we were born to. We would be completing our destiny which has been written since we were children. I Amelia Montgomery will be ruling the Kingdom of Ice alongside Jackson Morris and nothing can be done to change my future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we arrived at the Kingdom of Ivory we were immediately met with soldiers guarding outside the walls. We were expecting soldiers to see us coming. There was no surprise there.

When we all arrived we stood alongside each other in a line. As if we are waiting for our prey to attack. I stepped further and approached the soldiers.

"I princess Amelia Montgomery would love to have a word with your ruler. Please call whoever this person might be an alarm them The kingdoms of Ice and Fire are willing to fight over control," I say not backing down.

I showed no fear in my voice. A strong leader had to be sure about what was to come. A true leader was prepared to win a fight and prepared to bear losing a fight.

As some soldiers came out from the castle. I notice a tall woman approach me. I was not going to lie and say she was the most hideous woman I have ever seen. She was wearing skin color lipstick which matched perfectly with her hazel eyes. She wore some sort of glove on her hand made of metal. In a way, I believe was something valuable to her. She was beautiful indeed.

"Well, hello Princess Amelia. I was sure waiting for your arrival. I am Alice Patterson ruler of the Kingdom of Ivory. I see you have summoned me because you want to fight for dominance. Well, I am not sure if you are as stupid as you seem. We can easily conquer you in a second. Are you sure you are willing to risk it, Princess Amelia?" Alice says towering over me.

"If we are ready or not the fight will happen today. We will take what is ours. We will take away the lives you have taken away from us," I say.

"Well, my dearest soldiers. Let's bring our game and finally become the greatest empire ever known," Alice says while laughing.

I went back to my people and prepared ourselves. They have numerous amount of soldiers more than I have imagined. We were wiser though which can benefit us.

In front of my row ready to fight were Sebastian and I and both of our fathers. We looked at each other and nodded for approval.

Both sides ran to each other with all the force they had. I quickly attacked Alice. She was mine to conquer. Swinging my sword from right to left I managed to cut her arm. Hearing her hiss in pain gave me satisfaction. Causing pain to those who had caused pain to many families. Distracted from my thought she managed to cut me in the leg. I did not hiss in pain. I was used to it. Years and years of training had to be useful somehow.

I turned around and noticed Sebastian was being attacked by many soldiers. I had to go to help him. I quickly ran to him and cut and sliced those who were near us.

We were doing good. They lacked fighting skills because each one was falling. 

That was until I heard gunshots.

I turned around and was met with soldiers carrying an enormous amount of guns.

The shots fired and I slowly saw soldiers drop one by one. I looked at Sebastian with pain.

I was paralyzed on the battlefield waiting until a shot took over me. Waiting to fall to the ground.

I was knocked out of my trance when Sebastian yelled at me.

"Amelia we have to go, your father has been shot in the leg. We need to get him home," Sebastian tells me getting me out of my trance.

"WE NEED TO EVACUATE NOW!" - Sebastian's Dad screams making me jump.

I began to run to my carriage when Alice attacks me from behind and drops me to the floor. She holds a knife under my chin.

"I told you that we will win. You are so pathetic," Alice says as I try to get away from her.

I managed to hit her as we both bumped heads and she stumbles giving me enough time to stand up. Alice then holds a small gun out pointing it to my head.

"Hope to see you in hell dear princess," Alice says as she pulls the trigger.

I closed my eyes waiting for the shot to consume me. I began to fall to the ground and felt a massive amount of weight on top of my body. I opened my eyes to see one of my soldiers had stepped in front of me and took a bullet straight to his chest. 

"Nooo," I scream.

I quickly turn around and stab Alice on one of her legs as she hisses in pain. I think kick her straight in the face leaving her unconscious.

I run to my soldier and kneel down.

"It's okay you will be okay," I say with tears in my eyes.

"Don't let them conquer us queen Amelia," he says.

That was the first time someone ever called me queen and I never felt more pathetic in my life. 

Thank you for saving me. 

My soldiers and Sebastian's soldiers quickly ran into our carriages with my father along and drove off.

The ground was full of bodies.

I began to cry. I won't ever be good enough for my people. I would never be able to give them the life they deserve.

When getting home Sebastian quickly took my father to our doctor and he was given the care he needed.

"FUCK it's all my fault. We have lost control. They will conquer us and we are not strong enough to fight.," I say letting my tears fall down not caring if I look weak.

"I will not let that happen to you. There is only one way for this to be over. I will marry Alice Paterson," Sebastian says looking at me straight in the eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DON'T forget to vote
-A