Taco and Tamale

Spin off of 10 o'Clock (story in my list of works)

~~~

I walked up to the big, white house. The familiar blooming garden stands just right in front of it. I took out my phone and texted him. 'I'm right outside' I told him. The front door opened and revealed a tall brunette.

"Hey Taco. Come inside." Tamale said. This is the first time I've been to his house since he got a dog. Honestly, I don't know why I'm here. I am terrified of dogs. But, he invited me over. I couldn't just turn it down.

I followed him inside. "Berkeley is taking a nap right now." He leaned closer to me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. He said in just above a whisper, "We have some time to..-"

He was cut off by the sound of barking. Berkeley was awake. Great. He ran in and jumped on Tamale happily. When he saw me, he immediately barked at me. I timidly said, "Hi" in a meek voice.

The dog growled and pounced on me. Tamale laughed. "I think he likes you." Then Berkeley bit me. "Oh, never-mind." He pulled Berkeley off of me. "I'm sorry about that. He's not really trained yet." He gave me a sheepish smile.

"It's alright. I'm actually just really afraid of dogs." I said honestly. Tamale looked at me.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" He asked.

"Because I thought you'd think I'm a wuss." I mumbled, putting my head down. Tamale wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't worry. I'll be right here to protect you."

~~~

For Erica and her fear of dogs.