Together By Ink [Boy x Boy] (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2

The tattoo parlor was alive with noise. The machines all seemed to be cranked on, making the building fill up with a loud buzzing noise coming from all angles. Not to mention there were plenty of conversations going on, helping to add to the sound.

There were only three artists working currently, but there were six in the building total. If you counted the 'apprentice', janitor, and the boss who was currently working the counter. Considering how busy normal tattoo parlors were, this was considered packed though. Including the employees, there were sixteen people there. And the building wasn't even that big to begin with, so adding the machines, chairs, counters, mirrors, and the people... It was a small space that seemed to be having a party.

Hayden was working closest to the front door, making everyone who was waiting on a tattoo watch him work with curiosity lighting up their eyes. His office just happened to be closer than the others, and none of the 'offices', had rooms or even walls. They had a small counter that was about three feet in the air that cut off the property line between them. 

Even with the attention though, he was focused on the ink he was carefully putting into his dark skinned client. He took great care in making sure the black was darker than the skin itself so that it wouldn't fade within the next few years, but rather the next century.

He looked busy, but he still tried to keep small talk going between him and his client to help ease the pain she seemed to be going through.

She had came by herself, and now she was wringing her hands and grimacing in pain. She was obviously on the verge of tears, and Hayden was doing his best to help her relax by being as gentle to her skin as he was possibly able, while still trying to hurry and get it over with. It was the least he could do, considering her winning efforts on trying to hold still for him.

"So what's this tat for?" He asked, glancing up at her for a mere second before all attention seemed to move back to her hip.

"Um..." She started, biting her lip for a moment before she tried again. "My boyfriend thought it would be really hot if I--- oooowwwwwwwwwww!"

"Hold on, this part is going to be tender." He said, getting some more ink before going back and gently pushing it into the blood beneath the skin.

She moaned and grunted, but still she didn't move as the needles dug into her flesh. He was so lucky he got her, as he figured this was one of the best clients he had ever had. So far. His career was just beginning though, and he was hoping he could have even better ones than this.

"All right, that's it with the pink." Hayden said as he backed his stool away, getting ready to change his needles for the smaller detail. "We can take a break now if you want? It'll be easier to deal with the pain then." He glanced over to meet her eyes, wanting to see if she was okay with holding on for a moment so he could give his aching hand a rest.

"That works." She was still able to flash him a smile, relaxing her grip on her hands now as she settled back against the chair. "Anyways, he thought it would be hot if I had some kind of tattoo right there, and I really like butterflies so yeah. I just thought I would get it as a surprise."

"But what happens if you guys break up?" Hayden asked, curious to hear her reply.

"Well what about you?" She asked with a brow raised.

"What about me?"

"You have a key on your wrist... A love key. So I'm sure someone else who you love, or loved, has the padlock, am I right?" She asked, smiling again.

Now Hayden couldn't help but smile, getting the machine ready again as he nodded. "Yeah, you're right."

"Well what if you guys break up?" She pressed on.