1: Lonely Tears

A/N: I still don't have a clear grasp of the lore after the dragonspine event but I will still include it here

-------

The abyss was a dreary place to stay for a long time. There wasn't even a sense of time in the first place. I will enter the abyss in late fall then leave during spring. I'm not new to the concept of realms with different flows of time. The surface was constantly changing to what it is in the present. Remnants of the past stayed ravaged, serving a reminder to the people of the present.

Mondstadt has grown into a peaceful nation. Their Archon never shows themselves unless Mondstadt is in danger. Now I travel through Tevyat and all of its changes. Liyue still relies on their Archon who only appears every year to give guidance on the upcoming year.

Years and years pass by as I find ways to locate my brother but to no avail. All the relics I found and worn-out scriptures made me understand more of the unknown aspects of Tevyat. I controlled the abyss, they help with my plans. I needed to find The Seven. Their power could be the key to the mysterious God.

There is no way to summon the Anemo Archon. Of course, there needs to be an imminent danger to Mondstadt. I go to the ruins of Old Mondstadt. The Four Winds of Mondstadt, Dvalin, is known as Stormterror by the locals. An ancient dragon that aided humans since the beginning. Who now resides at the ruins of Old Mondstadt. Of course, the place is now called Stormterror's Lair.

I enter the ruins, glancing at the broken scenery. Soon feeling the wind becoming violent. I glance up to see the black and blue dragon flying down towards me.

"Human, this is no place for mortals like you. Leave immediately," Dvalin lands on the ground. He spreads his wings wide in an intimidating stance.

I look up at Dvalin, "Why do you stay here in these ruins of a battlefield? This is not a comforting place to be."

"You do not need to care for the reason. I will say this again, leave now."

"Your Archon has abandoned Mondstadt for a long time. The people now treat you as a folktale, you don't even have a shrine to remember you by. There is no freedom for you here."

"I am Dvalin, one of the Four Winds of Mondstadt. Who are you to tell me my worth?"

I continued to tell lies. I can feel the negative emotions growing inside the dragon. "Would you like to make your existence permanent in Mondstadt? You won't fade away or be forgotten like a silly legend." 

"It does not matter to me. I shall remain here and watch over the people-"

"The people will be gone in a blink of an eye for you. Stories will continue to be passed down and yet traditions and even legends can be forgotten." 

Dvalin falls silent and exhales loudly. "There is no need. My friend will be back like in due time."

"A friend who doesn't show up in years and is loved by others. You are praised but not like the other four winds. " I raise my hand as two cryo abyss mages appear. They freeze Dvalin's legs to the ground. An electro and pyro mage emerges and attacks Dvalin as a distraction.

"What is the meaning of this?"

I take out a purplish crystal and lunge it into Dvalin's neck. "Your wind is strong, show everyone the power of Dvalin. Stormterror!"

Dvalin lets out a cry as he starts to become corrupted from the shard. "The people abandoned you, Barbatos abandoned you, who is left?"

"No...one..." Dvalin's eyes glow slightly purple.

"That's right but, you are now free. You have no responsibilities. We of the abyss welcome you. You can do whatever you desire." I smile and turn to a cryo mage, "watch him."

I leave to return down into the abyss. The mages inform me of Dvalin's movements. I took the time to cultivate a plan. The poisonous blood of the dark dragon Durin has weakened Dvalin immensely. The shard that was placed into his neck also has Durin's darkness imbued into it. I let out a sigh, "Well, Dvalin can have some fun. I just need to wake up the sleeping Anemo god."

Some weeks have passed since my encounter with Dvalin. The hilichurls of Mondstadt are now under my command. I have situated them closely to the city then have them attack at night. Although they perish quite easily.

I have traveled to the outskirts of Liyue to find old books. I can say it was a relaxing journey. I've stayed at Wangshu Inn and Liyue harbor on multiple occasions other than restocking supplies and information gathering. Now I stand on the open grasslands, now and then there will be buildings or ruins. I enjoy the sceneries before hearing a gruff voice behind me.

"Hey, miss. Drop all your stuff and you won't get hurt."

I turn around to see your everyday bandits. Although, these people seem to be known as Treasure Hoarders. One was a Handymen who have kicks that can knock grown men to their knees. A Gravedigger who utilizes a shovel with underhanded tactics and raw shovel swinging. A regular scout who stays back and throws daggers. I let out a sigh, "I don't have money, I only have traveling necessities." I knew no matter what I said they will try to take my stuff.

"And money is a necessity while traveling, we'll take your stuff too." The leader steps up.

My sword emerges and I point the tip at the bandit's neck. He laughs as a pile of dirt was thrown at me from behind him which made me falter. The handyman kicks me on the side that sent me flying a bit. I grit in pain from the impact and rub off the dirt from my eyes. I start attacking the two. Defeating them was an easy task. The last one fled by throwing a smoke bomb on the ground. 

I huff in annoyance, the area where the man kicked was starting to bruise. I grabbed my things and went to find the nearest pond. That will be my resting spot. Slinging my bag to my back I took a step.

"That was quite a performance, miss. I was hoping to fight those guys in your stead." I hear a young cheery voice.