Scarves

You loved your scarf. You wore it everywhere, even in the middle of the summer heat. You wore it so much that there were rumors going on about you and the scarf at school. Some of the rumors were plain stupid while others had a hint of truth in them. No one really knew WHY you wore it, you just did. It went with you everywhere, even if it didn't match your outfit you still wore it. Hell, it was practically another limb! The scarf smelled good, kind of like the smell of a new book but more breezy and airy. And it was EXTREMELY soft. It felt like you had a pillow wrapped around your neck. You loved everything about it. It was a gift from your grandmother, she knew you were a Doctor Who fan so she had gotten you the fourth Doctor's scarf as a present for your birthday. When you ha opened it you had been very excited, jumping up and down and thanking her over and over. You doubted you'd ever part with it. If someone was new in town, people would always talk about the girl with the scarf, and you honestly didn't mind. In fact, you enjoyed it. It meant you had something that made you unique, that made you stand out from the other, boring kids at school. Yeah, you definitely loved your scarf.