Kole's curse

I stared at her as she sung with beauty and danced with grace, her long brown curls danced with her. She smiled as she did this, but I knew she wasnt happy with Hades. Hades sat back in his bone chair, smirking and sipping a goblet of wine. Jealousy's fire had never been so strong in my heart, though how could she love me? I am but a giant and she is a maiden of Hades. He has grown too much a liking for her. If I so much as lay a finger on her, then he will surely destroy me.

I am but a child of Gaea, the goddess of the earth. I sigh as she sings so beautifully. She smiles, prancing in the wind. The green fields below her shiver as her delicate feet dance along it. A large mountain is the only thing keeping me from the girl.

Suddenly the girl stops and says something to Hades. A large black fire comes from Hades head, scaring the wits out of me and sweeping the girl off her feet. She yells out in pain against Hades' howl.

Without realizing it, I pull the girl up from the ground. Finding myself to have moved hundreds of feet to help her, I stare at Hades who stares back with a shocked stare. The girl blinks twice at me, wondering why I would have saved someone from the wrath of Hades.

"Colossus? What be your business here?" Hades remains surprised.

"I-I came here to..." I thought about it for a bit, then said, "I came to Have a chat with a close friend."

"Well of course I'll talk with you. Tis always a pleasure, Colossus," Hades smiles heartily.

"Let us discuss the Underworld. How is it? Have there been any new souls to reap?" I ask, letting go of the girl and sitting on a dirt throne that forms when I begin to sit.

"Fetch us a pail of wine and while you're at it, bring us grapes and bread. Thank you my Dear," he orders the girl. She bows her head and is suddenly engulfed by the earth, no doubt returning to the Underworld.

Hades directs his attention to me, "Well, I just reaped a King of Greece. He did not go down easy, it took a lot of mind control of the Roman soldiers. What have you been up to, my boy?" Hades leans back in his chair.

"I have been trying to reach Olympis, but with no luck. I must get back at the gods," Hades raised a brow, "the annoying gods that have imprisoned my mother. Piling mountains on each other would not work," I say.

"Surely I will be kept out f this dispute?" Hades leans forward.

"Of course, my Lord. I will only go after the cowardly gods," I truly didn't mean any harm to them, but he needed to relate with me.

"Lover! Where is my meal? Come out with it!" Hades creates a fire in front of him that signified the girl.

"I'm sorry, Hades, but one of your soul chefs dropped the bread in the hearth and it burned. I will be back momentarily," the fiery figure of the girl spoke.

"Hurry, I do not like to wait," Hades dismissed the fire.

"Hades? Who is that girl?" I ask.

"You mean what? She is a wench, a lifetime wench of mine who makes love like no other," Hades smiles dreamily.

"Is not that wrong? To love a woman for what she will give to you?" I furrow my brow.

Hades stands up, black fire surrounding him, "You dare question me?! Do you forget who is a god?!" Hades bellows.

"My apologies, my Lord. I did not mean to question you," I lean back in my chair to avoid his approaching fire.

Hades' fire immediately extinguishes, "This is why I like you, Colossus. Always know your place," Hades smiles.

Suddenly the earth in front of him opened, revealing the girl. She put a goblet of wine on his arm rest and grabs his empty goblet, smashing it to the ground. It immediately decays and joins the soil in the earth. She hands me the goblet made of dirt, where wine rests inside. A large table forms out of thin air and she rests the palate of bread on it.

"Where have you been, wench?" Hades lifts up the girl's chin so she would face him.

"Im sorry, my Lord. Will not happen again," was all she murmured.

"Entertain us, wench," Hades leans back in his chair.

She begins to dance and sing of a story.

A girl with a heart of stone

A man who had fallen for her

No one understood why she was cold,

But he loved her even though she hurt.

They were opposites when they met,

she despised him for the past she had,

Men had abused her and made her fret,

but at them she was mad.

This man had tried to reach her

But little did he know

She was about to commit murder.

She had him in her sights to and fro

Even though she loved him,

She did not wish to fall so she was tart,

So when he saw her once again,

She plunged a knife through his heart.

"I love this song!" Hades says merrily.

I remain baffled by the tale as the girl sits down. Her face had a smile, but her eyes held a frown. I knew what she was about to do. She was planning on killing Hades.