Kole's Curse part 3

Running a nervous hand through my blue dreadlocked hair, I walked towards Mount Olympis. I knew what I was going to do and I knew it was wrong. I just had to help that poor soul.

Even though Hades was smaller than me, his superiority was unsettling. Step by step, moved by the hundreds of feet. The feeling growing inside my stomach was overwhelming. I walked at a height of twenty feet and knew I was getting myself into a hell of a situation. And I had been to hell. Not a desirable place.

"Colossus! How are you!" a woman with passing beauty that could trance any person in a second said.

"Aphrodite, hello," I said back, my voice echoing through the passing mountains. She flew up on wings like a dove and rested on my shoulders.

"Now what are you up to?" Aphrodite rested her chin on the palms of her hands, her wings retracting.

I laughed, "As if you didn't know, Mischievous one."

"Such a title! Hardly complimentary! I'd prefer the Sower of Love!" she purred.

"Mhmm. What brings you here, Miss Sower of Love, hm? I'd hardly think it to be a visit with an old friend," I look to her as she lounged on my shoulder with a golden glass of wine.

"You caught me, I'm not here to visit even though I love our talks! I'm here to talk of your love life!" her golden eyes shown brighter than the sun when she said 'lovelife'.

"And what about it?" I asked, pressing on further to Mount Olympis.

"Well, I know you have fallen for that slave of Hades, yes? Well your paths will cross later in life, but she will be cold. The song she sung earlier to entertain you, without knowing it was her prophecy. She will love you, but the knife she shoves into your heart will be something unexpected. Even though you know of this prophecy, containing it from yourself will not fall through," she pauses, drawing a small circle with her finger on my shoulder.

"Why do you tell me this?" I asked, momentarily stopping my feet from walking over the ruins of some old temple.

"Hold on for a second, Love," I stop, giving her my hand to step on. I lower my hand to the ruins and she sat next to a wall full of Greek letters.

I suddenly begin to shrink down to Aphrodite's size.

"This is a temple for you, your fate is described right here on this stone. 'When the time comes, the poison of a snake will take him over due to weakness. The snake will mourn him, but will be free. Though freedom comes with a price Colossus will not be mad. The snake will live on and die like everyone else.'"

"Snake? Who is it?" I asked.

Aphrodite did not answer, only got up and flew away as a dove. Only a few words hung inside my mind, 'your love story will be the best yet!'

I furrow my brow as I grew back to normal size. A bird hit me as I grew and I shook it off like it was normal. I continued my journey to Olympis, charging on.

At the mountain, I stop at it's green valley down below where the grass is blown like a sea in the wind. the sun shined down on my already sweaty neck. Taking a large breath that included inhaling a bird, I put on a smiling face, not letting my nervousness show.

"Hello! Zeus, old pal!" I chuckled, knowing Zeus would trust me.

The clouds around Mount Olympus form and shape into a large rain cloud. Lightning booms from above, "Colossus my friend! Are you in want of a conversation?"

"Why yes my good man!" I say heartily.

"Let me descend!" Zeus' heavy voice booms.

The pearl Hades had given me a hundred years ago burned in my pocket. They allow me the power to send someone into Tartarus at any moment, but they work the strongest on the winter solstice, tonight. I know this is what I must use to save the sweet Maiden enslaved by Hades.

A large figure in a tunic walks down the side of the mountain, his eyes a bright hazel and his hair white, showing wisdom. His smile only genuine when shown to me. Being a good friend of Zeus has its perks, but it also makes it harder to send him into Tartarus.

"How great it is to see you again!" he stops in front of me, the same height. As a father would to a son he pats my shoulder, merrily chuckling.

"And an honor to see you! But to what worth would it be to speak here? Let us visit your brother! We could have a whole lot of reminiscing. Wouldn't you agree?" I smile at him, a knowing smirk at the memories we have shared.

"Ah, yes. I do remember how troublesome it is for a giant to be so close to Olympus, but why in Poseidon's castle?" Zeus sits on a hill.

"Actually, to which I was addressing was Hades' castle, my Lord," I sweeten the Lord in order to sweeten the deal.

Zeus' smile fades, "Why would you choose that Demon of a god?"

"Well, I was hoping to pull a simple joke for laughs on him, but I need you to do it. T'would be a simple favor in return for a laugh," I smile.

"Up to no good as usual! I like that about you, Colossus! Let us go and seek out my brother!" Zeus laughs, walking away from the hill.

He grabs my shoulder and suddenly we stand by the bone gates of hell.