Chapter 5: Finally Yours

After Rinnie ran off to her house and shut her door, she sat on the floor panting. She felt so suprised that Wilbur would do that. But how? How did it happen? There could only mean one thing. Rinnie then pulls out her phone and quickly dials a familiar phone number. When a voice answered, she knew she had a lot of things to ask of her.

"Hey P! Glad you answered. There's something I need to tell you about". As Pecan heard Rinnie on the line, she quickly answered her "If its about Genji cheating on you with Bunnie, then yes its all true". Rinnie couldn't believe it. So maybe what Wilbur was saying was true all along? Out of curiousity, Rinnie then decided to ask that one question. "How long have you've known that Genji and Bunnie were a thing?". Pecan loudly sighed. Rinnie then knew what the answer was.

"Listen Rinrin, I'm sorry if me and Tina didn't tell you for a while but both of em have been together a lot longer. Even before they moved into Tina's island together". As Rinnie was listening through, Pecan then continues "Both of em even had plans to get married. That's how long they've been together for. And I didn't know that Genji would play you like that. I swear!". So all along, Wilbur was saying the truth and he wasn't lying at all.

"Listen P, I'm grateful that you're telling me this but I've known for quite some time that both him and Bunnie are still in contact with each other. I just decided not to entertain it. And also, I had some horrible crap to deal with, that's why I didn't say anything. Because I thought I could move on from Wilbur". As she was continuing, tears began flowing and began choking out a cry. "P, I don't know what to do with my life anymore. Bad luck would always follow me and bite me in the butt. I'm a horrible person!". Pecan knew perfectly well how horrible Rinnie was feeling, especially her feelings for Wilbur.

"Listen Rinrin for as long as I known you for, you are the most sweetest, caring, and most helpful person I've ever met! Without you, I don't know if I'll be able to patch things up with Marshal. And that I'm grateful of, which I will never forget. Remember that". When Rinnie heard Pecan's words of encouragement, Rinnie stopped crying and was smiling wide. "Thanks P, I'm glad to call you my bestfriend!". Pecan replied back "You're welcome girl, here's something you should do". As interested as she is, she then asks "Alright P, I'm ready. What should I do now?". With that affirmation from Pecan, she began telling her plans to Rinnie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Genji was walking by the shore and about to go to Rinnie's house, he was stopped by Wilbur. "Hey there Genji, where do you think you're going?". To answer the question, Genji replied back "Uhhh, to Rin's house. Why?". Until then he realized what he have said, said again "To my girlfriend's house. Why you asking me?". As Genji tried to pass through Wilbur, Wilbur blocked him and made sure that he wouldn't pass through.

"Nuh uh, I will not allow you to go to Rin's house right now. To be honest, there are things that I know. Most people know that you think wouldn't know". As Genji was suprised by Wilbur's proclamation, he fists his hands in pure anger. "HOW WOULD ANYBODY KNOW!? THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT I'M STILL WITH-----". With Genji's shouting interrupted, Rinnie then approaches them and answers "that you and Bunnie are still together and plan on getting married soon? Yeah heard that and have known for quite some time now. Do you actually take me for an idiot? Huh Genji?".

Genji's face began to pale like a ghost. And began stammering back. "H-how did you k-know??". As nervous and pale as he is, Rinnie softly replied "Too be honest, I've been in this crap lotsa times already. And it ain't great to experience. And what can I say? I'm just super nice to other people in nature. That's why I didn't say anything to you. Because I also wanted to know you more and better as a person. Just not this way Genji. I hope you understand where I'm coming from based by experience".

As Genji was extremely quiet and embarrassed that he was caught red handed by both Wilbur and Rinnie, Rinnie then continues "I just hope you and I can still be friends. If that's alright with you?". When Genji gets his composure back, he then geniunly smiled back and said "Sure, that would be lovely. And I'm geniunly sorry that I've done this to you and to Bunnie. I think I need lots of explaining to do with Bunnie. I'll let you know the update. See you!". As Genji jogged away to his house to talk to Bunnie, all that was left was just Rinnie and Wilbur. The awkward tension filled the whole air. Rinnie then decides to speak up first.

"Listen Wil about what happened earlier, I'm so sorry that I----". As Rinnie was about to continue, Wilbur then cut her off with a tight hug. Wilbur then looks at Rinnie's eyes. How mesmerizing the color her eyes were. They were light teal with a little hint of light green in them. Rinnie was then shocked by the sudden contact that Wilbur initiated. Rinnie began blushing like a red tomato. When Wilbur realizes what Rinnie's reaction was, he smiled.

Replying back while looking straight into her eyes, "It's alright sweetheart. I'm not mad at you or anything, and I totally understand where you're coming from. I'll never be mad at you, ever". As Rinnie heard that statement, Rinnie reprociated the embrace.

"Thank you so much for not being mad at me because of my sudden outburst earlier. I wouldn't even know what to do if you were lowkey mad at me". As Wilbur heard it, he chuckled back. Rinnie then continues "But seriously though, THANK YOU for believing in me. I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart".

As Rinnie geniuinly smiled, Wilbur's eyes grew wide. He finally found the answer he needs, the woman he wants to be with for the rest of his life. With a whisper to her he finally said, "You are so much more sweetheart, I love you so much from the bottom of my heart".

Rinnie knew what he was talking about and what he wanted to do, and realized that both their feelings were mutual, she finally replies back to Wilbur's confession "Same to you love, I love you so very much. Forever and always". As they were finally able to lock lips with so much passion, they felt like as if they were the only people left on the island.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they finally let go of the kiss still in that embrace, Wilbur then finally asks Rinnie, "We both know that both our feelings are mutual, so I want to ask of you, do you want to be my girlfriend and make me the happiest man alive?". When asked that question, with geniune tears of joy Rinnie then replied back "YES! YES! I WILL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!". As Rinnie gave her reply, they then both kissed again. But this time as real couple.

Now that both Wilbur and Rinnie are in a real relationship, they both knew who tell the news to. When they got a hold of the person, Rinnie excitingly said to her "WE'RE FINALLY TOGETHER!". As Rinnie told the news, both girls on the line were squealing loudly. Both Wilbur and Rinnie knew that no matter what happens, no matter how bumpy the road is, they'll both always have their backs no matter what the cost is.