The Heirs of an Empire

chapter 1

P.o.V Third Reich

Darkness....

Hysterical breathing ...

A ringing in my ears ...

something metallic is pressed against my head ...

...

...Silence...

BANG

My heart was racing when I woke up from sleep. That dream again ... I shook my head for a moment to wake up a little and a yawn escaped my mouth. What time was it anyway ...? I noticed how the sun was gradually soaking my room with light through the small window.

Without paying attention to this thought I got up and started to get ready. After putting on my clothes, I start walking to the small bathroom. To do this, however, I had to go through the long hallway. Sometimes the floorboard creaked as I walked down the hall. I tried to be as quiet as possible, because I didn't know if my father was already awake. On the way to the bathroom, some servants met me and greeted me warmly, and I did the same. When I got to the bathroom, I closed the door behind me and walked to the sink. I quickly got the small stool to be able to reach the sink and climbed on it. When I could see in the mirror I looked at myself for a moment. My eyes were all red. Apparently I had been crying in my sleep or something like that ... I quickly turned on the water and washed my face to remove the residue of tears. There was no way I wanted to look weak.

'Weak'

I grimaced for a moment and shook my head very briefly. After that I dried my face off I started brushing my teeth. I looked at them in the mirror like every day. They were pointy and sharp, almost like shark teeth and they looked just like my father's. They fascinated me every day.

I combed my hair briefly before leaving the bathroom and walking down the hall again until I got to the stairs that led down. I went quietly down the dark wooden stairs and could already hear breakfast being prepared in the kitchen. That told me it should be around 7am.

In a quick step I walked to the kitchen and looked inside. I could see the food being prepared by the staff. A small smile appeared on my face when I heard my stomach growl. I kept walking towards the living room when suddenly I heard a very familiar voice behind me. "Guten Morgen, my son," came the deep voice behind me, causing me to stop and turn around. Black, white and red. "Guten Morgen, Vater!" I greeted him and waited until he had caught up. He didn't seem to be in a bad mood, which was very reassuring. Because if he was in a bad mood, you'd better keep your distance. A lot of distance ...

When my father caught up we walked side by side. He was much taller than me ... ,, How did you sleep? "My father tried to build up the conversation." ,,Good "I answered him with a small smile, but knew that it was wrong not to tell the truth. Because in reality I slept really badly ... But like I said. Show no weakness! "That's nice to hear," my father said and briefly ruffled my combed hair with his big hand, which now resembled a bird's nest. Why do I even try...? I quickly tried my hair to look something neater again, whereupon I only heard a slight chuckle.

Soon my father and I arrived in the dining room. We had a chat on the way there, but it wasn't important. Now we sat at the big table, as breakfast was already served. My mouth was literally watering, but I wasn't allowed to start eating yet. I was so against the grain that we have to wait every day because a certain someone doesn't come out of the kink ... ,, Guten Morgen! ". Speak of the Devil... The happy voice sat down with us at the table, which lowered my mood. I immediately lost my appetite ... Black, red, gold ... My brother Weimar ... God how I hate him ... And hating is still an understatement. His cheerful manner pisses me off, and every time he screwed up something I get in trouble for it. But woe to poor Weimar, something happens. Then it's back to great cinema. Oh how I Hate this coward.