Hypothesis

"Get out!" She spat.

It broke me, I know I deserved it but why does it have to be so painful.

"Princess, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lie to you."

"Yeah right but you did! I told you everything about me, everything Michael! You knew I hated secrets so much but yet you hid an important one! Damn, I feel betrayed." She burst into tears.

By now everyone had excused us, I wanted to hold her and comfort her but the fact that I couldn't broke me.

"I was asked to keep it a secret and tell you the right time. It wasn't supposed to be like this Jess, please trust me."

"Were you ever going to tell me? Seems to me like you wouldn't have." She wiped her tears which didn't stop, I took a step forward but she took a step backwards creating more space between us.

I tried again but she moved further back.

For the first time in my life, I felt tears in my eyes. I didn't even cry when Ella left.

But this... I felt myself become weak and vulnerable.

"Can I ask you a honest question, Michael?" She asked looking me in the eye. I nodded immediately.

"When you started hanging out with me, did you really like me or you just wanted to complete your Job and get the money?"

I froze immediately not knowing what to say.

The truth?

"I did want the money at first but then I fell in l-ove." That didn't stop the tears from falling down her face.

"So you never loved me?"

"Jess... I-"

"Leave Michael!" She cut me off.

"Jessica?"

"Leave, I don't want you, least of all your protection!" She yelled, I felt myself become emotional as I turned to leave.

"Wait," she said softly, I turned in hope.

"Don't go," she said. I stood there stunned.

"I thought you didn't want me here." I said confused.

I saw anger cross her face again.

"You're right, I don't. Go!"

"I lov-"

"Go!" She yelled, with one last look at her I left.

What hurts the most was being so close to saying those but having her turn her back to my words.

* * * *
JESSICA

It meant nothing, the L word meant nothing. Twas just to make me fall harder, Ramon didn't make me feel better.

"He did all that so he could watch and protect you. He never loved you."

The last part hurt like hell. How can I get over him? I couldn't.

He did a good job in making me fall for him. Hell, he'll probably be having a nice time right now.

I wiped my tears in annoyance convincing myself that I did the right thing or did I?

I Ignored the sharp pain in my stomach and tried to sit up only for the pains to get worse, I clutch my sides in pain and coughed out blood much to my horror.