3. Friends

(A/N: Hey guys so I know I don't usually do authors note at the beggining of a chapter but this time I did. I just wanted to say that I have school and a fuck load of homework so my chapters won't come as fast. It literally took me a month to finish the first one. Anyways, I hope you understand and carry on. Remember to smile. Enjoy xx)

Phoebe's POV

I never grew up with any siblings so this whole roomate thing was kinda new for me. I have a few foster brothers but we don't share the same bedroom so it's different. But Sophia seems okay. She's quiet and doesn't ask as many question as I thought she would.

Right now, all she does is sit on her bed and stare at her laptop screen like a hawk. I guess she's pretty big with the Instagram community because every hour or so, she would take out her phone and take random picture of something, but delete quickly after.

She didn't ask questions either. I, on the other hand, was pretty big with the Twitter community. I have about 26K followers and I'm always getting new ones. I mostly tweet about different bands or quotes that should inspire others.

"Lauren is very nice, she's a great mother." I told her. Sophia smiled in reply, but her eyes still seemed sad.

"I met her when I came through the doors." she chuckled a little. "May I ask why you're here?"

I flinched at those words but she told me about her life so might as well share. "Um, well family issues." I couldn't even hear myself say those words. I can't believe this happened. I'm still prossosing my life.

Sophia smiled apologeticly. "I'm always here if you need to talk." I smiled.

-

Sophia made friends very quickly on the first day of school. She's outgoing and funny. Everything everyone wants in a friend.

On the first day, she be friended the popular kids and some people even started crushing on her. I don't how how she does it but I'm jealous as fuck.

At lunch she didn't even sit with Ashton and I. She chose to sit with the cool kids who called her over.

"So you know her?" Ashton asked once we settled down on our seats.

I bit my tougue, debating if I should tell Ashton that she's basically my foster sister but I don't want to creep the kid out so I decide against it and make up some random lie.

"Yeah, we bumped into each other this morning." I said, avoiding eye contact.

Ashton nodded. Not going deeper with the conversation. "I saw you're math score.." He trailed off.

I bit my lip. I'm not the most intelligent kid in school. I never really push myself to do better. I kinda just do enough to get me by. "Yeah.."

"You know, I can help you study a little." He suggested shyly.

I smiled. "Of course. A tutor would be nice."

Ashton clapped his hands together. "It's settled then. During our free period we can meet up in the library every now and then."

When I first saw Ashton he looked like a total nerd to me. But when you actually get to know him he's very sweet and caring.

The bell rang, signaling that our lunch period was over. I packed up my stuff and followed Ashton out of the cafeteria. "Off to lit I go." I sighed.

(A/N: yeah it's so short but I promised my next chapter will be amazing!)