V. No Better Than HYDRA

Chapter Five
Sam

Instead of contacting Ross to ask where the kids have been reported, we asked Everett before we left Wakanda. I don't want to have to tell Ross we lost the kids and went to Wakanda for help, it won't go over well. Everett's sources said that the kids are in Hobro, Denmark, so that's where we have flown to. Reports are saying they are attacking another UN agency building, and in order to avoid losing the kids again, we have made a new plan on how to catch them.

"I can't use my powers against them," Jade says as we run down the road towards the burning building. "But since they know that I can't stop them, I'll charge at them alone and distract them. Then maybe you can fly in and knock them down, then we can put the cuffs on them."

John huffs. "Let me guess, I'm in charge of cleaning up the kid's mess at the agency again?"

I nod, handing John my phone. "Call 911 and get everyone out, we'll call if we need back up."

"Sure you will," He says, grabbing onto the phone. "Be careful."

I nod to my friend before turning to my girlfriend, kissing her cheek gently before extending my wings out and flying up towards the top of the building across the street from the one attacked. I can get a good viewpoint from there. Once I reach the top, I unlatch my shield and get down onto one knee, trying to scan the scene to find the kids. I hear Jade ask me in the coms:

"Do you see them? I can't with all the smoke."

I scan through the crowds of people running away from the flaming building as well as the smoke, not seeing much either. This fire is much larger than the last one, which can only mean that the kids are getting more confidence. After all, who wouldn't get confident after escaping from an Avenger. But we're all adamant to make sure that doesn't happen again.

"I'm gonna clear some of the smoke away, keep a look out, Sam." Jade informs me through the coms.

Down below tiny explosions are going off through the air, clearing the smoke enough to give me a clearer view of the scene down below. After a few more seconds of scanning the crowds of people, I finally catch sight of them.

"There! I see them. They're behind the corner of the building I'm on top of."

"I'm on it, keep close."

I watch Jade run away from the scene of the crime and towards where I spotted the children. This action doesn't go unnoticed by the kids, and as soon as they see Jade charging towards them, they make a run for it down the street next to this building. I run across the roof and keep my eyes on them, trying to predict which direction they'll run next. There's two streets they could go down, one of which has police cars speeding towards the flaming building, so they opt for the other street. Jade runs after them the whole time, gaining on them just as they round another corner, which leads them to a dead end. The kids turn around and get themselves ready to fight their way out, and Jade does the same. I know that's my cue to strike.

I jump off the roof and circle around the dead end they're stuck in front of, diving down just as I see flames come from the kid's hands. I use my shield to block the flames from touching me, then throw the shield to knock down one of the boys and the girl. The impact pushes them against a dumpster, and while the other boy shouts to them in alarm, Jade gets behind him and forces him onto the ground, cuffing his hands behind his back. With the other two kids still disoriented from hitting the dumpster, I bring the cuffs out and attach them to their hands, relieved that this whole ordeal is over.