Chapter 8

The first thing I realized when I woke up is that I had a pounding headache. Which wasn't surprising for a first timer like me, seeing as though I'm pretty sure that I was shit faced last night.

And I already expected this to happen.

But not even once that I expect myself to be in a white room, meaning I was in a hospital.

I could feel my pulse rising up. I think back to what I did last night that I ended up situated in this uncomfortable hospital bed. My heart was now hammering against my chest, letting my eyes closed and absorbed the headache.

Why the hell am I here?

The party was already in full swing by the time Kuya and I got there. And... he told me to keep me in his sight, go lowkey on drinks, after some brunette girl snatched my brother away from me. And then, I... I just... shit this makes my headache even worse.

That was it? I couldn't really remember what happened afterwards except I got sozzled. This damn headache is enough proof.

My breathing accelerated when the door creaked open and I seriously thought that it was my brother who came but only to reveal Reid.

I stared at him as he instantly turned himself away from seeing his face, closing the door real slow. I think he thought that I was still in deep sleep for the reason that he didn't hesitate to reveal, if I may say, his vulnerable state as he settle his forehead up against the door. Letting out a deep breath.

And that sight didn't make me put to ease, either. That's a first, and I can tell that he isn't on his usual self. This is so unlike him. This means that something is not right.

Or am I just seeing things?

I swallowed the lump of my throat as I altered my eyes away from him, tilting my head at the other side. I closed my eyes again and tried to catch my  breath whilst calming down.

And then my brothers face came tumbling in like a motion picture.

That's it. Where is he? He's the one whom I've been with last night. So he should be in here with me. How dare he left me alone in this room when all I did is to be with him at that damn party. All thanks to his insistent damn self.

I was about to open my eyes when I felt a soft grasp around my pulse. A reason for me to just shut and be still.

I heard him slowly letting out a deep sigh.

"I'm so sorry," Reid muttered.

What the hell is he sorry for? What the freaking hell is happening?!

I pushed back the negative thoughts at the back of my mind. And I don't freaking need his sorry, all I need is my brother. I need to see him this fucking instant.

My hand went up suddenly to cover my mouth and propelled myself up as I felt in need to vomit.

I caught Reid by surprise. I saw how his hand was about to reach my back, probably to soothe me up but he retracted it. Placing it at his side, unsure of himself.

I gagged the second time. Shutting off my eyes tightly and hope myself not to vomit. Not in front of this man.

But I did. Hard.

When I thought I don't have the energy to vomit anymore, I used the blanket to wipe off my mouth. And that's when I felt him get a hold of my shoulder. Grabbing me closer as I felt another hand pulling the side of my head to God knows where until it reached to what seem a toned chest.

I could hear heartbeats. It is his chest.

By the time I finished throwing my guts out, I was practically closing my eyes. So I didn't know if Reid was disgusted over the stuff I made or go yuck-what-the-hell allover. I could care less.