Page Seventy-Seven

Twelve Four Twenty. 

And once more.

I swear it real.

This was it. The single-sided page stuck to the window. Impossibly , she saw it not in flight of whence , nor the path in origins.

The whipping slap jolted the surrounds as bereft of task she cried out. . . . ...softly... . .  . no . , . , ...

That heartfelt break from the lost persona of who she'd once been now followed a new line           a new channel of thoughts , ideas , and consequence. So much in embracing the old familiars , but who can say.

That was it. On the outside. Prepared.

Dare she read lest it blow.

Harkening . she went for fastest , opening the door & slapping her hand over the plank. Sheltering the wind of her other time in telling. So sweet. She smelled the mint & feint of sage under the rustle in smokeless fog.

The crunch alighted decendence as her deft massage peeled the page , singly , seventy-seven.           Oh my. She shuddered lightly in the chill of a brisk howl. Not of wind , but of voice.                                 A whisper deep & concerned.      Aura Yew.

A strangled church. A blanket made of bugs. All linked for a moment eating each other as covering , such relentless seeking swell.

She wanted to scream.                                                                                                                                            Remove the blanket . so disgusting.

.......but she waited.

So impossible.

Why did the light have to be so.                                                                                                                                   So white.

The smallty of the blanket.                                                                                                                                 Where'd the mass withdraw to.                                                                                                                          exactly.                                                                                                                                                                                      a million bugs. nah. less ,                                                                                                                                        maybe a few hundred thousand , but still.

Where in the hell had they gone.                                                                                                                            Eaten to the last in the same pivotal moment. Swallowed & disappeared.                                             To wear    to where   impossible.

The store had its sign nearly worn out for newness.                                                                                        The end of days.

An end of distributive comforts aligned for cookers , bedders , & beyond. Wares Inc..            Closing the location , but not the rest.

All because of her. Norda Storm.

12-13-2020