⁀➷ IV. 6

𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋.
• • •

The next month was spent of preparations for the Yule Ball. It seemed as if love were in the air.

On the day of the Yule Ball, all classes were dismissed.

"Breathe Hermione."

"Are you sure that I look okay? God, I hate these shoes!" Hermione groaned sitting down on a bench.

"You look amazing Mione. And Victor is going to love it. Now! We should go."

Jinx and Hermione made their way down the stairs and into the ballroom entrance. Viktor quickly swipped Hermione away leaving Jinx by herself.

Turning around her eyes met Harry's. He was standing in the corner just watching her.

She smiled seeing him as he made his way to her "Hello there beautiful."

He chuckled and took her hand into his own "Hi."

"Harry I'm warning you now. I'm going to break my ankles" She tried to take a step forward, tripping slightly.

Harry gripped onto her waist as she rested her hands on his shoulders."I haven't walked in heels in two years."

Harry just shook his head and smiled at her "You look pretty Jinx, really."

"Are you trying to flirt with me?"

"I'm serious. You look beautiful...you always do."

She smiled at him slightly, searching for any smart-mouthed remark.

Almost as soon as their conversation began it was interrupted.

"There you are, Potter!" McGonagall walked up to the two. "Are you and Ms. Black ready?"

There it was again; Ms. Black.

Jinx tilted her head at her "For what?"

"To dance, it's traditional that the three champions, well, in this case, four are first to dance. Surely I told you that?"

"No," Harry said shocked.

"Oh...Well, now you know" McGonagall hurried away.

"I'm going to break my ankles" Harry murmured.

"No you won't, I've got you" She took his hand into hers and followed him into the ballroom, where the rest of the champions waited with their dates aligned in rows.