126...

...hours left...

Lakes parents were sleeping upstairs as well as her sister. Pulling a brown Nike hoodie on she grabbed her phone and turned the knob of her door. It wasn't her first time sneaking out so she was already a pro at it. She walked out her room into a dark hall.

Fourth step always creaks. She slowly stepped over it to the fifth. She was in the clear, she picked up her giant grey coat and touched the front door knob. Her hand almost turned it but she jumped to the feeling of a tap on her shoulder.

She almost screamed but she turned her head to realize it was just her sister. "Skye what's wrong with you? I was literally about to punch you in the face." Lake said to her sister that rolled her eyes in response. Although it was true, previously in the week vinnie and her had watched horror movies and she was on high alert.

"Where are you going at... 10:10PM?" Her sister asked, the dim lighting on her phone brightening up her face. Lake rolled her eyes, watching her iPhone slowly shut off leaving them together in a lowly lit living room.

"I'm going to see vinnie." She mumbled. Usually it was something she would brag about but not now. A few days ago Lake decided to confide in her older sister and look for advice that weren't song lyrics. Basically Skye had fun spending a week tormenting her little sister about her crush. She ended up not giving her a single bit of helpful information.

Also she wasn't sure if Skye would snitch to her parents or not. They'd been on a "instigating streak" with each other and this would be the perfect thing to throw her under the bus in a heated discussion. Skye leaned against the couch that faced the tv.

"I don't get why you don't tell him you like him. He'll be gone in six days. You guys should just date for like a day and then he'll leave." Lake squinted at her older sister. That was her advice? She was glad she hadn't received it sooner. It was the dumbest plan she'd heard in a while. And she was aware that five hours ago her plan was to seduce her best friend. But this plan made no sense.

It also made her re-evaluate everything. If she admits her crush and he likes her back they'll have to be long distance. They will either way she just didn't know if she was comfortable with having to make out using face time.

That's when it sank in again. Everything was over. No more hugs. She should've told him in middle school, or in high school all those years ago. It probably would've hurt less than it did now.

"Are you just going to sit there like an idiot?" Her sister complained rhetorically, before picking herself off the couch and heading towards her. "Take my car." She volunteered handing her the keys, the shuffled against each other making a ringing sound in her hands.

She couldn't believe it, Lake wasn't even allowed to touch her sisters car. "Thank you!" She tried to say as earnestly as possible, her sister caught it and smiled.

"I still don't understand why he's your type." Skye added a remark like she always had to before walking away. Lake decided not to say what she was thinking and headed to the car. Looking at her message on read she wondered if she had kept vinnie waiting all this time. It was only 10 minutes later, she was sure he was fine.

Vinnie raced down his stairs, his hair flying back and his jacket folding over his arms. Grabbing the keys from the counter he took a deep breath. For the first time he didn't know what to say to Lake. On the first hand she was acting distant, and on the other she had the right to be. There was finally something they couldn't talk about to each other.