144....

...hours left.

lake sat criss cross on vinnies bed pulling a curl behind her ears and sighing. she quietly taped into her phone.

GOOGLE: how many hours is six days equal to

144 hours. One hundred and forty four. Hours.

She rolled her eyes. If only that were enough time. It would only take about three seconds to tell a person you're in love with them though. You look them in the eyes and say, "I love you."

Maybe five if the person is your best friend. Okay probably like ten seconds. Or maybe like seven years. Seven years of freeze tag, sleep overs, experiencing puberty together, making friends, more sleep overs and maybe one extra game of freeze tag.

Vinnie casually walked into his room, his eyes darting to lakes pink waist banded shorts that didn't cover half of her thighs. "Jeez woman put the loins away!" Vinnie joked in a Scottish and gentle accent before throwing a wide t-shirt at the girls face.

The t-shirt whipped past the girls face before falling into her lap, covering her cinnamon thighs. She huffed and put on the shirt as if it weren't a problem.

Vinnie sank into his gaming chair, clicking his mouse a few times before swirling the seat and looking at Lake. Her hair flew into her face and covered her shoulders as she sat with over her feet, drowning in the oversized "NIRVANA" shirt.

Vinnie rolled his eyes mumbling "drama queen" before rising from the chair. Using his teeth he bit the scrunchie from his right wrist, holding it between his teeth. Carefully he brushed the girls curls out of her face, vertically as she stared up at him in awe like always.

Vinnies eyes were trained, his mouth twitched as a curl sank down from the ponytail. He carefully grabbed it and gathered it with the rest of the hair that was palmed in his left hand. He used his right hand to grab the scrunchie from his lips and neatly tied the girls hair up.

Then like nothing he went back to clicking on the computer. Every time, lake had been shocked. Her own mother wasn't that gentle while doing her hair. And yet this boy, this guy, knew exactly how she wanted it.

Each time his finger screwed around one of her curls she could taste the feeling start to swell inside her. That frenzy. She couldn't believe it. And she could've believe she was the only one feeling that rush of passion and vulnerability.

He had to feel something. Right? She looked at the boy in question as he laughed into his microphone. She even tried to look cute or... I don't know... sexy around him. But he wasn't even tempted. Her shorts were low for a reason. And he insisted on telling her to cover up.