Chapter 2- Continuation

Dedicated to riyasharmapranbirfan and DharsaniMohan, who requested me to continue🤗😘.

******
"So you just came to Delhi a day before?" Riya asked curiously as she and Prachi were walking towards the cafeteria, it being lunchtime already.

"Yeah, I'm new to all of this." Prachi said happily but with a sigh, as she kind of felt out of place, but being with Riya helped.

"Don't worry you'll get used to it, and where are you living now?" Riya asked.

"Oh- I haven't found a place yet." Prachi informed, and the response was instant.

"You can stay at my house." Riya said as if it was a normal thing that they did every day.

"...What?" Prachi asked, shocked.

"Oh look the cafeteria is here." Riya said as if she had even forgotten what she had said.

And Prachi who was slowly coming out of her shock went to follow behind Riya, but the ringing of her phone stopped her. Prachi turned her head to look at Riya who was walking inside the cafeteria, before looking down at her phone, slightly shaking her head with a short chuckle as she saw the caller ID, and picking up the call as she stood in a corner outside the cafeteria.

"How was it? Did you get there on time? Did you eat breakfast before? No one bothered you right? Are you wearing warm clothes? It's very cold outside. And-" Pragya's panicky quick voice came through the phone.

"Mumma, my sweet please calm down. It was great. Yes, I was on time, of course, I ate breakfast, you're sixth sense would tell you if I didn't." Prachi said jokingly with a chuckle. "And no one bothered me... everyone was super nice."

"Now my sixth sense is telling me that someone is lying. Tell me the truth, what happened?" Pragya asked worriedly.

"Nothing... there was just this girl. But don't worry, she didn't do anything. Another girl stood up for me, her name is Riya." Prachi explained with a small smile.

"Riya?" Pragya asked curiously, for some reason feeling a weird sensation in her heart, as she said that name. And Riya who was standing in line by the counter, slightly turned her head as if she had heard Pragya say her name. "Well tell this Riya a thank you from me."

"I will, now stop worrying about me and tell me how you are?" Prachi asked curiously.

"I'm fine- what's going to happen to me?" Pragya asked rhetorically, but with an awkward chuckle as if she was hiding something.

"What is-." Prachi began to say worriedly.

"Now what are you doing about the living situation?" Pragya asked in order to change the subject, and it worked for the time being.

"Don't know yet, it's hard to rent a place when you are alone. No one wants to rent their house to a young 20-year-old... it would've been easier if you were here." Prachi said hopefully.

"You know I can't... you know because of work and all. I'll call you later I have to go, uh- because I have work." Pragya excused awkwardly, quickly cutting the call.

And as Pragya cut the call and her surroundings became clear, she seemed to be standing in a hallway of sorts. A hallway of a hospital to be exact.

"Ms. Arora?" Asked a nurse reading the name out of a file as she came out of a room. Pragya nodded in acknowledgment and followed behind her...

******
On the other hand, Prachi let out a sigh as she heard the call cut with a click. Knowing that her mom would avoid Delhi like it was a disease or something. But Pragya's adamant refusal to move to Delhi, only made Prachi's suspicion grow, that her family was here somewhere.