Pages

|Nako|

If I can't tell you, how about I write it?

It's the title of this mysterious notebook I found among the books of this romance category bookshelf here inside the school's library.

I think there's nothing special about the notebook. It just has this peach color and it was being designed with peach stickers randomly attached to it. And as for the title, it's on the front page not on the cover.

With my interest being caught by the title, I tried flipping it to the next page.

Page #1 (4:35 p.m.)

Okay, first of all, I don't know how to start.

Second of all, as the title says, the main purpose of this is to write what I can't tell to her.

Lastly, yes, it sounds absurd, and I'm aware.

I know if you're one of my friends or just a person I happen to talk to about my feelings, you'll tell me to just tell her but no. It's not easy. It'll never be easy.

Trust me, I tried so many times. So many times that I lost count of it. It's like even the universe is stopping me from saying it. So here I am, letting this notebook have a hold onto everything I feel for that person.

And I guess also hoping that she could read it even though there's just a 0.01% chance of her stumbling upon this thing.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I jumped out of surprise when someone taps my shoulder. Thankfully, I prevented myself from screaming, remembering that I am inside a library.

I turned around, only to see her keeping herself from laughing her ass out.

The audacity of this bitch. 

Right after she calms herself down, she apologizes. "I'm sorry, pfft—, didn't mean to," Yuri said as she turns to the shelf, running her finger to the books, looking for another romance book she'll probably use for killing her free time.

I'm still wondering how she had so much free time considering we're college students. 

"Anyway, you done? Minju and Hitomi are already here. Thought we'll have a group study?" pulling a book out of the shelf, Yuri asked. 

I nodded and placed the notebook back to where I took it. "Do you mean 'we' — Minju, Tomi, and I — will have a group study?" I sarcastically said, looking at the book she was holding and back to her. She just gave me a playful smile and then walked first.

Typical Jo Yuri.

I then followed her to where the two are.

When they saw us walking towards them, Minju grinned widely while Hitomi just wore a small smile and waved.

Sitting across them, I placed the books we needed above the table. The two—except Yuri, of course—sat properly and took out their notes then started to study.

******

I've been a student for years now and studying for hours still pisses me off for giving me back pain always, as well as neck pain and headaches. I didn't get why but does using your brain and eyes for reading, understanding and memorizing give you back pains?

"By the way, you guys up for lunch?" I broke the silence.

"Nah, Yena asked me to have lunch with her already." without taking her eyes off the book she was reading, Yuri waved her phone, showing her conversation with her girlfriend earlier.