CHAPTER 3

Days passed since that phone incident. Reese decided to forget this incident for a while. Her exams are more important than this. Halos mawala na rin sa isipan niya ang nangyari dahil panay libro lamang ang kausap niya nitong mga nagdaang araw.

Exams starts next week, and she can't afford to have a failing mark as she's sure that she'll be forced to change schools. She does not want to be left behind by her friends. Reese's parents were strict. She's not even allowed to have a boyfriend before she turned into legality. And her suitors were also turned down when she still lived in their house in the city. We can say Reese's parents just want what's best for her.

At long last, today is Saturday. The day where Reese promised to accompany Ivy for a monthsarry gift shopping.

Reese is amazed at how her best friend changed when Ceru and Ivy started dating. Ang dating kuripot, iniisip na ngayon nang mabuti ang ireregalo niya.

Memories from their Grade 9 Christmas Party suddenly flashed in Reese's mind. She remembered how dumbfounded she was when Ivy decided to give socks as a gift since she does not know her Monito's gender.

Wearing her plain blue shirt and a jumper pants, Reese continued to style her hair to her right shoulder. She then proceeded to put color onto her pale face by wearing a pink lipstick. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and admired how her hair fit her. Kasama niya pa si Ivy nang nagpagupit siya. Tinanong pa nga siya nito kung broken-hearted ba siya dahil lang nagpagupit siya.

The truth is, she was indeed broken hearted at that time. It was the time when she learned about Ivy and Cerulean's relationship. Thinking that she might feel different, Reese decided to chop her hair off. But it seems that the opposite of what she intended to do happened.

Nang magsawa itong pagmasdan ang sarili sa salamin ay pumunta na agad siya sa mall para kitain si Ivy. Medyo maaga pa naman pero ayaw niyang paghintayin si Ivy kung sakaling maaga itong dumating.

At hindi nga siya nagkamali. Nakita niya agad si Ivy na nakaupo sa bench malapt sa fountain sa labas ng mall. Her usually mid-length hair was tied into a ponytail. Wearing her maong skirt, striped T-shirt, and flats, Ivy elegantly carried her outfit. She's really pretty kahit anong isuot niya. Reese can't help but to admire her beauty even more.

She was holding her phone when she noticed Reese, probably trying to call her. When they finally met, they decided to enter the mall.

"May naisip ka na bang ireregalo?" tanong ni Reese habang naglalakad sila papasok.

"Actually, meron na akong naisip. Bibilhin ko na lang. I really made this day para tayo namang dalawa ang mag-date. Ang tagal na nating hindi nagde-date na tayong dalawa lang ha."

W-what?!

A surprised expression overflowed Reese's face. She didn't saw that coming, but she still tried to conceal her emotions. She's feeling... things. She's elated to know that Ivy took her time for them to bond. She's shocked that Ivy's spending her time with her. She knows that they've done this numerous times before. B-but, why now?

Deep within, Reese knows that it's impossible for them to be together. Come on! Ivy has a boyfriend. And she wouldn't risk that intrusive thought to confess her feelings for her best friend. And obviously, this is just a friendly date.

Still, it's a date... with her. Reese put on a smile and just let Ivy pull her to wherever she wants. All day, the two just played their hearts out. They bought books, watched a movie, shopping, and everything. They even bought matching BFF shirts. They didn't mind the time, or anyone that may come between them.

"Wear this." Ivy said while wearing a bracelet on Reese's wrists. It's a silver bracelet with a silver coneflower pendant. This is pretty, Reese thought.