CHAPTER 4

2 days felt like 2 years. What happened? Shit happened. It was Monday afternoon when Ivy called. She broke the news in our group call that she and Cerulean split up. As shown in her screen, she hasn't even groomed herself when she took the call. Dark circles were also evident in her pale face. She has no energy to even get up from her bed.

They need her. Not now, not ever. They need her now. Reese can still feel the guilt that she felt 2 days ago. She wants to comfort her right now, to let her feel that she's not alone. She has her friends whom she can lean on at any given time.

"I think we should go..." I concernly requested. "I mean... I-Ivy needs a friend right now. Look at her, she's wrecked."

"Mother Theresa has a point... Hmmm. Let's have a sleepover para i-comfort si Ivy boo. Sabay-sabay na rin tayong pumasok sa Tuesday for our exams. Lezgoo pack na our things~" Mabuti na lang at sumang-ayon agad si Rem. Tumango na lang si Thirdy.

They ended the group call and Reese proceeded to pack her things. They have decided to have a sleepover in Ivy's unit. Reese grabbed her essentials fit for 3 days at pinagkasya ito sa isang malaking backpack. After securing that she got everything, she locked the door and immediately went to a convenience store near Ivy's unit. Rem, Thirdy, and Reese settled to meet there.

Reese felt really really guilty for not telling her about the coffee shop incident but she just doesn't want to hurt her further with that scene. She knew at that time that they're dealing with something big, something that they've been keeping from their friends.

The unit reeked of alcohol when they arrived at Ivy's unit. A pile of men's shirt and hoodies can be also seen at one side. Bottles after bottles of alcohol and beer cans filled the room. The cotton inside a teddy bear even wanted to get out of it. No wonder that this unit is a mess. This collection of Cerulean's items represents her love for him. And this scene is also an indication of how bad Cerulean fucked up.

When they realized the situation, they immediately found Ivy in her room, in a fetus position on the right side of her bed. Nagmamadali namang lumapit sina Reese at Rem sa kaibigan nila.

"I-i'm sorry, I'm a mess." she cried.

This is the second time that Reese saw her like this, and she can attest that this is worse than before.

"Bestie..." Rem is really worried that her friend is in shambles. It's not a good time to kid around. Everybody knows how bad this place is for Ivy so the three decided to fix her unit. They cleaned her room, making sure that anything sharp and dangerous is out of their friend's range. They don't know what a wrecked woman can do, especially now that she's broken inside and outside. To keep her from harm's way, they made sure that Ivy's comfortable in her bed.

Swollen eyes were an indication of someone who cried their hearts out. And this is unmistakably evident in Ivy's eyes. It's full of pain, rage, guilt, loneliness, and every hurtful feelings that someone can feel when they're betrayed by the person that they promised their lives.

Habang naglilinis ang tatlo sa living room ay napalingon sila sa pinto nang marinig ang doorbell. Nagkatinginan sila, nagtatanong kung sino ang nasa likod nito. Nagpaubaya naman na si Thirdy na siya na ang magbubukas ng pinto. Bumungad sa kanila ang isang lalaking may katangkaran, at nakasuot ng berdeng longsleeves.

"Food delivery po for Ms. Ivory Elago."

Iniabot naman ng lalaki ang plastic bags kay Thirdy. Nang akmang kukuha ito ng pambayad ay biglang nagsalita ang rider.

"Ay ser, bayad na po 'yan."

Nasorpresa si Thirdy saglit ngunit nakabalik naman siya sa wisyo at nagpasalamat sa rider. Nagkatinginan sina Rem at Reese sa kanilang kinatatayuan. Tila nagtatanong ang mga mata kung kanino galing ang padala. Nang makabalik si Thirdy sa loob ay nagmamadali namang lumapit sina Rem at Reese sa kaibigan nila.