004 : extraordinarily mundane

I'm sure I've already mentioned this before, but Satoru Gojo is a liar, and a pretty terrible one

I'm sure I've already mentioned this before, but Satoru Gojo is a liar, and a pretty terrible one. Or at least that's what [Name] thought but given her own standards and history saying someone is a good liar would be such an impressive feat that they must have tricked the entire universe into thinking they were something which they were very much not. I give you that vague metaphor in reference to previous events however that's a can of worms to unpack another time.

The place was ominous, it reeked of death though I suppose that was more on account of the graveyard than any fault of the abandoned building. There were cracks in the foundation and all of the windows that bore cracks or missing glass, which were a fair few, had been boarded up.

"Yup there's definitely a curse here." Fushiguro deadpanned.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock." [Name] said with a huff.

"Liar!" Itadori cried out, cutting off [Name] before they could speak as both he and Kugisaki looked to Gojo in pure and utter disappointment and in Kugisaki's case anger. "Are you sure this is even Roppongi?"

"You're playing with us country folk!" Kugisaki explained with an indigent growl.

"There's a cemetery, as well as an abandoned building, that combination attracted a curse." Gojo said rather matter-of-factly, ignoring the over-the-top reactions of his surprise and reveal.

"So graves are a hot spot for curses?" Itadori asked, hands shoved in the pockets of his pants, already over the disappointment.

"It's not necessarily the cemeteries themselves," Fushiguro spoke up, "the fear that humans have toward cemeteries are the problem."

"Think of it this way," [Name] added, "if there's fear around a subject or a place, even just by association, there's probably a curse connected to it in some way or another."

"Right, the school was also like that," Itadori muttered.

Kugisaki frowned, hands resting on her hips as she examined the boy in question, "hang on he doesn't even know that much?" She said, not bothering to hide her surprise and slight skepticism.