A Rough New World

(Bashur's POV)

The name's Bashur, I'm 17 and live here at West Havon, otherwise known as the Wasteland Town. Not that many people come here unless they're trying to escape some bounty hunter or something. But it almost never works out for them, you gotta' survive somehow in this world. I have to turn them in, cause if I don't then the bounty hunter's new mission would be to get me first. That is if I'm still here by the time they figure out that I, a teenager, just ruined their 'perfect' hunt. I never got to see the world before bounty hunting, but I've been scavenging as much as I can to try and get as much information about the old world that I can. I've been alone out here since I was about 6 or 7 years young, is it hard sometimes? Sure, but at least I don't have to care for anyone else out here.

After reading one of the books that I found in an old abandoned house, I learned about a whole community. They talk about how they were being discriminated against during the early 1960s and earlier than that. If only they could see what this world had become since 127 years ago. I'm honestly surprised that anything's still left to scavenge around here. It's been so long that everything should be gone by now, but there's still some stuff left. I don't have too many hobbies. I spend most of my time doing 2 things: Reading, and bounty hunting. I've been a bounty hunter for almost 3 years now. The new world bounty society, or NWBS, was shocked by the bounty hunter skill I had at age 13. I had only been training for about a year and I could already take down the greatest bounty hunters of all time.

I would even go as far as saying that they were scared of me, a kid, someone who had just barely survived for all that time. And now I was living freely, surviving with no issue. Do I wish I could see the old world? Yeah, I want to see what they did for fun, what they did at all. How different would this world be 100 plus years ago? I think it would definitely be interesting. Would everyone have cameras on hand? If so, then I think I wouldn't mind being from back then. I don't get to take pictures of myself, let alone in general, that often. So, when I do, I try my best to make it one of the best I've ever taken. I don't have too many photos of myself from current times, or from when I was young. I actually only think that I have one photo of when I was young, it was from my first ever bounty when I just 14.

Since I often don't have any company to talk to, I feel like I can just openly speak out loud. I often just talk about my sexuality and gender. Most people that I talk to aren't aware of this, but I'm Intersex. But I'm fine with any pronouns. Only a few people get confused when I say that I'm Ace and Polyamorous. It's just kind of not a common thing that we just say it out of nowhere. I've read about the times when people like me were murdered and beaten down because of it, but now it's almost praised. Most people in this new age are Polyamorous, most are just too busy to bother with a relationship. Let alone, a Non-Monogamous one. Eventually, I would like to find time for a relationship, but I haven't had time in the past 3 or 4 years.

I haven't had time for it in, let alone, my entire life. I had to hide in fear, scavenge for food, and resources every day of my life. But now people fear me, one of the most dangerous bounty hunters out there. Isn't that something? A teenager, let alone a 17-year-old, having more power than some of the most dangerous bandits and bounty hunters out there. Incredible, some even say remarkable. But, I have to ignore all of that. Because, at the end of the day, I don't really want to do this. But I have to, it's the only way to survive in the newer era of treachery. The Earth's become a barren wasteland, because of who? That old civilization from all the way back then. It wasn't something to worry about, right? Well, now this is the world because of them not being concerned about what the consequences would be.

Those who have or had trouble adjusting to the new world, didn't last very long. This world requires skill and power, something most people didn't have at the dawn of this new age. Those who survived those times, call this the end of eras. Others who have lived with no issue, call it the Wealthy era. But people like me, bounty hunters? We call it an endless hunt. Every day, there's at least one bounty to hunt and more to scavenge alongside that. We can barely go anywhere or do anything without being terrifying. Everyone's terrified of us, we all know why. Within one second they could become the next piece of someone's head collection somewhere. Being someone who hasn't really had an issue with this new world, I've been in the middle ground of every terf war, every battle that goes on around me. I become a part of it.