dont sweat it

"minghao?" minghao turned around to see the boy from last saturday. his eyebrows still furrowed as if he didn't understand what the boy wanted with him. "oh uhm, wen junhui. from the pledis uni party?"

his face lights up in realization and he snaps his fingers and points at junhui, "right! of course! good to see you! how are you, man?"

they shake hands and junhui smiles widely back at minghao. "good, i'm good. thank you again for helping me out that night. i.. i don't really.." he stutters and scratches the back of his neck with his free hand, "i don't remember much, but i do remember you putting me in a car at the end of the night."

"don't sweat it." minghao smiles at him and squeezes the hand that was still in his grasp, he tried his best not to say too much about that night.

"no, really. i don't wanna get too dramatic or anything it's just that.. if you hadn't been there," he hesitates before continuing, "i might've done something regrettable." he looks minghao in the eye and placed his other hand on top of minghaos hand so he was holding it with both hands.

minghao looks down at their hands and let's out a breathy laugh before meeting junhuis eyes again, "honestly, junhui, it was really no problem on my end. i don't really know what else to say. i'm glad i, what, stopped you from doing something regrettable?"

they were standing in the streets holding hands, one kind of dressed up and one in jeans and a book bag around his shoulder. as they look at each other, everything else stops for a second. just long enough for both of them to breathe in the moment and stay in each other's presence for just one second longer.

"yeah." junhui laughs nervously and let's go of minghaos hands, "lord, sorry, making things weird yet again," he laughs nervously and minghao wants to pinch his cheeks because of how cute he was, "i'm sorry, can you refresh my memory just a little bit about that night? i just i really don't remember much, however i remember kissing you. why do i remember kissing you?"

"oh, right, well uhm.." he stumbled over his words a bit and junhuis eyes widened.

"oh god, did i.. did we like—"

"oh my god, no! no, oh my, no not at all!" minghao assured him, "no, i uhm, i actually kissed you."

"oh! oh.." junhui nodded slowly, his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink which minghao took notice in, "god, sorry i even brought that up, that we may have.. yeah, i'm just scared sometimes of what i'd do drunk.. not that i've ever, i've never—"

"jun, hey, don't worry. i understand, i know what you mean. but yeah, i.." he hesitated as he didn't really know what to say, "do you wanna catch up?" he asks expectantly.

junhui thinks for a few moments before giving him a smile, "yeah, sure. let's catch up."

they decided on a cafe not too far from where they found each other and caught up with one another. minghao tried to really get to know junhui, as that was what the first part of the mission entailed. he found out a lot of great things about him, and he found himself wishing junhui was a worse guy than he was.

"so you're studying art? you're an art major?" minghao asked excitedly, "that's so cool."

"yeah, yes. do you draw? or paint?" minghao reluctantly nodded before looking down. "but you're not in school?" before minghao could even think about his answer he shook his head no, "so, what were you doing at the pledis party in the first place?"

"i joined my friend there, she wanted company as she was the one checking id's all night."

"ah, but you don't drink?"

"didnt that night." he stated simply and junhui nodded. junhui went to order another coffee when minghao saw someone eyeing them from over by the door. he furrowed his eyebrows and squinted to get a better look when they abruptly stood up straight and made their way to leave. "what the.."

"okay so, i already forgot your order so i just got you a latte with almond milk—"

"no worries man, listen, i'll be right back," minghao said feigning innocence before getting up and going after the shady person. "not so fast little one," he said softly to himself.

junhui was rendered confused, but didn't have much time to respond before minghao had gone past their table and headed towards the exit. "strange dude." junhui shook his head looking in the direction where minghao disappeared before turning back around and pulling up his phone.

— — —

im
so
sorry this chapter sucked IT WAS SO RUSHEDJSJSJS yeah it just uhm yeah anyways

i just wanted to get this out of the drafts because god i've changed it so many times and it's gotten worse and worse i just anyways see u next chapter whichll hopefully be better