Gotcha

A hiss escaped my mouth as I threw myself onto the ground, narrowly avoiding the razor sharp claws of one of the werewolves that had decided to ambush us

"Fucking hell." I groaned, throwing myself onto my side, watching as the wolf shoved it's claws into the ground where my stomach used to be. I swung my legs out, slamming them into the back of the creatures knees forcing it to hit the ground and giving me enough time to stand up, pull my gun loaded with silver bullets from the back of my pants, and fire a single shot into it's head. 

I watched, horrified as it did what I knew it would, and changed back into it's human counterpart, a young boy probably no older then seventeen was left in it's place, and I felt my heart break at the sight of the dead child at my feet. 

"You okay?" Dean asked, running over, panting, and covered in what looked like slobber mixed with blood. 

"Yeah. You?" I asked, my voice small as I looked back at the child in front of me. 

"No bites, no scratches. Sam, you good?" Dean yelled over to our little brother, who was shoving the body of a forty-some man off of him in disgust. 

"Yeah. What the hell man?" Sam grumbled, dusting himself off, which only helped to smear the blood around his clothes more as he came to join us. 

"I don't know, but let's get outta here before those shots attracts the walkers." Dean grumbled, scooping his bags off the ground of the small rundown shack that we had spent the night in. 

We were traveling on foot as we had been for the past six months, tracking the huntsmen who, like us, couldn't use normal transportation anymore with the lack of gas, and had reverted back to their namesakes, horses, which thankfully left a pretty clear trail to follow, even if we had to be days behind. 

Bobby and Cas on the other hand, were holed up in Bobby's bunker in Kansas, waiting for our word. Bobby didn't need to be hiking through the woods searching for horsemen, and he couldn't be by himself either, but we didn't want the other group to worry, so he and Cas were to remain separate while we hunted our, hopefully, final prey. 

"How far do you think?" Sam grumbled to me as we took off after Dean, starting our day yet again with no water, and nothing to eat. 

"I don't know. I'm not Daryl I can't exactly tell distance from tracks." I snapped out, regretting it moments later when I looked at Sam's face and could see that I had hurt his feelings just a bit. 

"I'm sorry." I said softly, reaching out my hand to hold his for a moment, before letting go since it was too damn hot out here to be holding hands for too long. 

"Nah it's fine. I know you miss him." I didn't say anything to that, instead focusing on keeping my breaths steady, and trying not to worry about the man who I had spent several beautiful days with, before realizing it was all an illusion caused by the horsemen. 

I mean, how am I supposed to know if any of that was real? Bobby admitted that he didn't feel anything for Carol, he had simply made out with her because he was lonely and she was there, and I can't help but think that is why Daryl did what he did as well. But those thoughts would have to wait, because we had finally hit the jackpot. 

"Jesus Christ." Dean mumbled out as he hit the edge of what looked to be a cliff, overlooking something. Sam and I sped up to meet him, and when I reached his side, I understood why he was so excited. 

It was hell on Earth. 

Literally. 

Demons, monsters of all kinds, and the four fucking horsemen were in the middle of what looked like used to be Washington D.C. except now it was wrecked. There were cracks in the ground that looked like they went to the middle of the Earth, buildings were crumbling, cars were piled into burning heaps, smoke was coming from almost everything, and there were monsters everywhere. 

With the Horsemen right in the middle, setting up shop in the White House.