16: mind your business ( READ AN PLEASE)

YOOOOO it's been a while since i updated and i TRULY apologize. it's crazy that people ACTUALLY read this book like this is so bad it literally sucks ㅜㅜ

i'll do my best to update soon. i've been having a hard time with life and i need to sort shit out :( i decided to have the readers chose the faith for tsukki and yamaguchi ;)

at the end of the chapter, there will be a poll. this will affect the outcome of the fic. if no one responds to it, other than me crying abt it (joking but pls don't flop me) i'll come up with something. so in the end it's okay, no pressure or anything but please vote:)

thanks for reading. stay healthy and warm!!💜

qotd: if you could go into the haikyuu world for one day, who would you first befriend??

a: i'd go straight to yachi bc i feel like we both are the same.

———

right after finishing up packing everything out, terushima decided it was time for him to go back. he takes a good look around the apartment.

yamaguchi notices him staring into space.

"hello? earth to terushima" he taps his shoulder, causing terushima to come back from his thoughts. "you looked like you were staring too much into my house" yamaguchi chuckled. "does it look that bad?"

nodding, terushima walks up to yamaguchi.

"i'm gonna miss you, you know?" he sets his hand on yamaguchi's shoulder. "you sure you'll be fine?"

yamaguchi thought back to the incident with tsukishima earlier. "i mean.." he starts.

"if not then i can go beat him up for sure!" terushima butts in, causing yamaguchi to laugh.

"oh no, that won't be necessary" he flashes a smile, "i mean, you've seen me change for this year. i think i'm gonna be fine"

terushima proudly nods. "atta boy, now come give me a hug" he pulls yamaguchi into a hug. "i'm gonna miss you man" he says again, hugging yamaguchi tighter.

goodbyes hurt.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

few hours after terushima left, yamaguchi felt bored again. he went through his social media accounts and checked up on how everyone is doing.

he didn't want to bother anyone. they all seemed to be doing their own thing, so he decided to take a quick trip to the store for some snacks.

as always, walking around miyagi gives yamaguchi a sense of nostalgia. every corner is packed with memories. everything is so vivid. he can see his younger self walking besides to tsukishima. this sight stops yamaguchi on his tracks.

"let's go!!" a younger yamaguchi echos into his mind. "we're so going to miss the show and it airs in ten minutes!!"

a younger tsukishima rolls his eyes as he puts on his headphones. "shut up yamaguchi, we will get there just in time" he says as he opens the can of soda.

yamaguchi turns around and faces tsukishima worryingly. "you promise?"

tsukishima takes a quick sip of his soda and then looks back at yamaguchi. "yeah, i promise."

a rolling small water bottle brings yamaguchi back to reality.  he looks down to the water bottle then looks back at the corner, only this time the younger version of him and his friend were gone.

he sighed as he picked up the plastic.

he heads towards the little corner store, he will throw the trash away once he reaches the store.