Chapter 3

The first week of quarantine wasn't so bad. Watching professors teach in empty classrooms, or from their own homes, was a bit disconcerting but after a few days, it seemed normal. Jisoo still managed to turn in her homework and the grades were still being posted online so overall, it wasn't entirely different from any other day at school. Except for Jennie. Jennie was definitely different.

Jennie had been overly flirty with Jisoo all week and it was doing things to her and she knew, deep down, that Jennie was just a flirtatious person. Jisoo had had this very same internal argument with herself from the beginning, but Jennie never flirted with Jisoo before and she certainly didn't call Jisoo cute or adorable and now she said it all the time. And it was weird but it was also kind of electrifying and after a few days of bumbling responses, Jisoo was finally finding confidence of her own - and if Jennie was going to keep flirting with her like that, well, then Jisoo Kim was going to lay it on, too, and thick.

"Hey Jennie," Jisoo peeked up over her textbook at Jennie across the table who was buried in her own books and notes. "Do you think you could ask your mom to pick up peaches? I've just been craving something... juicy. You know? I just want to sink my teeth into-"

"Yep!" Jennie squeaked out.

"Excellent. Thank you, Jennie." When Jennie looked up and their eyes met, Jisoo saw something flash across them; they were a much deeper shade of brown than Jisoo was used to and her throat tightened. Jennie looked hungry and Jisoo was pretty sure it had nothing to do with peaches.

Jisoo's phone chirped from somewhere under the mountain of papers in front of her and she tore her eyes away from the beautiful brunette in front of her to find it.

Seulgi: How's it going with the obnoxious roommate?

Are you surviving?

Jisoo: Oh...

She's actually nice :)

Seulgi: Wtf is that face

Oh My God.

Jisoo.

You like her!

Jisoo: ...

Seulgi: Dude, spill!

Jisoo: What?

Seulgi: Tell me!

Jisoo: Its... confusing

Seulgi: What is?

Jisoo: I mean...

I do, I like her

But it isn't like that

For her I mean, we're friends

So I'm just... avoiding it?

But we have been flirting a lot

And OMG she's so pretty, Seulgi

Seulgi: If she's flirting with you...

Why do you think she doesn't like you?

Jisoo: I

Jisoo hit send before she had formed an actual answer. Did she know? Of course Jennie didn't like her back. Jisoo was positive of that. Wasn't she? She had been, Jisoo had been completely sure, last week, that Jennie could never... but the flirting was definitely throwing her for a loop, especially because it had become more... suggestive as the days went on. And sometimes, the way Jennie looked at her... Maybe?

Jisoo: I'm not sure.

Because she's so beautiful and wonderful and perfect and...

How could she like me?