Chapter 2

They stood in silence for several minutes. Chaerin's voice came through the phone and broke Jennie out of her trance enough for her to pick the phone up, say goodbye to her mother, and end the call. But Jisoo, Jisoo had still been standing stock-still, immobile, eyes darting back and forth around the room while her brain tried to process the idea of sharing a bed with Jennie. Jisoo gulped again.

At any other point in time, it would have been completely fine (sure) because Jisoo didn't really like Jennie before... But now, after getting to see a different side of Jennie... Of course, Jisoo knew Jennie was hot, but there was no risk she might act on her attraction when she thought Jennie was an obnoxious party girl who skated through classes with no worries at all. That Jennie was easy to look at, but there was no risk because it was completely superficial and Jisoo just wasn't that kind of person. But this Jennie, the one she'd been getting to know all day, was charming and funny and actually pretty sweet and Jisoo had already accidentally said things she never meant to say out loud because being around this Jennie was intoxicating and wonderful and oh no.

"I can just sleep on the couch, Jennie," Jisoo offered, weakly.

"Don't be ridiculous, Jisoo. That is a loveseat. It's big enough for your torso, sure, but your legs would just be... hanging off the edge. And it wouldn't be comfortable. At all."

"Well, I'm not sure what el-"

"No, it's fine. We can share. The bed, I mean, not the couch. We can share the bed."

"Are you sure? Jennie, it's really okay. The couch is-"

"I'm sure. I'm sorry, I... I didn't know she had renovated when I invited you, I mean, not that I would have not invited you if I had known, because you needed somewhere to go anyway, and I'm... rambling. I do that, when I get nervous." She's nervous?

"I mean, if you're sure... " If Jennie was sure, Jisoo would have to be, too. She couldn't exactly say, 'I think being that close to you all night long might give me a stroke or force my heart to beat itself right out of my chest,' but Jennie hesitated and maybe... maybe she was nervous the same way Jisoo was and what would that mean?

"I'm sure. I'm as sure as I'm gonna be. So, let's get the rest of our stuff and settle in. Yeah?"

Jisoo nodded. She watched Jennie walk briskly out the door and followed behind; she tried really hard not to watch Jennie walk, not to see the way her jeans hugged those delicious curves, not to think about what would happen when Jennie pulled them off later that night and climbed into bed next to Jisoo. Fuck.

After two trips, they had the contents of the U-Haul emptied and laid out on the floor in the living room pushed against the wall. Chaerin told Jennie earlier she would get someone to return the U-Haul for them so they could remain in quarantine, alone, together, in the pool house.

All of the ease of their earlier conversations was gone, replaced by a tension that neither of them could name, and it made unpacking awkward. Jennie bumped into Jisoo when she moved over to the dresser and she apologized three times for it, something that, under normal circumstances, wouldn't have phased either of them. Jisoo dropped her hair brush and apologized to Jennie when it landed by her feet and Jisoo had to bend down very near to Jennie's... (don't look up, don't look up) to pick it up. Jisoo unpacked as quickly as possible and excused herself to the living room.

She heard Jennie's phone chirping in the other room, but she picked up a magazine from the table and tried to drown everything out, including her own thoughts. She couldn't help but hear some of the conversation despite her best efforts not to.

"Hey Rosé, you're on speaker. I'm unpacking."

"Oh, cool. So you made it then? I was worried about you driving that U-Haul, honestly."