Chapter 1 - Jealous Tori

She stands from a distance, star gazed from looking at the other in front of her. Her skin glows from the bright light like the sun. Her smile is as radiant and big as the way her skin captures the flashing disco ball. Her eyes are completely entranced by the other girl dancing on the podium in front of her. You could practically see sparkles in her dark orbs.

"All cheers for Jade West!" The host screams after the number is finished. Jade's singing has always been incredible, but her voice was from a different world to the girl in the crowd. It always made her feel like she was in some fantasyland that only existed in a child's imagination.

"You did amazing!!" She squeals throwing her arms around the performer when she sits back at the table.

"Thanks babe," Jade replies kissing her girlfriend on her head.

When she settles in the chair she whispers quietly, "You know you could still do a song with me. Tori Vega not participating in karaoke is unusual."

"I know, but right now I just want to listen." Tori would never tell Jade this because she knew it would used against her, but her favorite thing is to be serenaded with her partner's singing. What better place to do that than the karaoke pub nearby her school.

Jade laughs. "Have it your way."

A blonde with dark lowlights walks over to their table. She gives strong Avril Lavigne vibes with her red crop top and black leggings. Her high boots and sharp look could make anyone intimidated, except for these two. The similar characteristic she and Jade carries is that she could easily make someone worship her or terrify them. She walks around the place as if she is royalty.

"Hi Jade," The third woman says flirtatiously. "I've been thinking about our vocal class this semester."

Jade glares at her annoyed, but she continues anyway, "I'd love for you to help me, you clearly have better range than I could ever have."

She stares at Tori, who's glaring at her with fire in her eyes, and says, "Unless... That gets in the way of you schedule. But I'm sure we can work around those boring duties."

The blonde strikes a look at Tori when she says 'boring duties.'

Jade snaps, "I remember telling you specifically to stay out of my life. Take a god damn hint."

Jade's phone rings so she picks it up and has to head to the bathroom to get a quieter space. Otherwise the person at the other end won't hear her.

"I have to go, so don't even think about breathing near my girlfriend let alone call her a 'boring duty'," She threatens.

Tori turns away from the other and sees her friend holding his puppet from the table behind her.

She hurries over to where he is and snaps, "I swear Eve is getting on my last nerve."

"You're the better person. Don't listen to her."

"You gotta understand, Robbie! I have not said anything at all since she transferred to our school! I've let Jade take the wheel, but I'm gonna need to rip her a new one eventually," Tori snarls under her breath.

"What are you gonna do? Scream at her, push her into a wall? You're the calm and sane partner." Robbie places his hand gently on her shoulder to comfort her.

"I surely do not feel calm nor sane right now."

"I think you just need a deep breath."

Tori watches Eve as she stands by the original table. Eve runs her fingers through her hair as she checks on her makeup through her pocket mirror. It was not until she starts to write her number on an empty napkin when Tori storms over to her. Robbie tries to stop her, but she yanks her arm out of his grasp.

"We need to chat," Tori starts with a fierceness she usually doesn't allow in her voice.

Eve laughs and gives her a sarcastic response, "Is that so? Cause honestly I don't think we should. Not because Jade said so, because I couldn't give a shit for what you have to say."

"I'm gonna need you to get hit by a truck, if that's what it takes for you to stop hitting on my girlfriend."

"Really?"

"I'm serious Eve. Don't fucking mess with me. Stay in your own lane and find someone else!"

"Look everyone, Mary Sue is angry! Who would've thought." Everyone at the pub is watching the two of them at this point. No one is singing because all the customers are too invested in this cat fight.

"I'm this close to snapping." Tori puts her face up close to Eve's face. They could feel each other's breath.

"I'd like to see it," she challenges. With that Tori jumps and pummels the other to the floor. The two of them wrestle for a few seconds until Tori gets on top and slams her fist into her eye.

She looks up and sees her girlfriend standing in front of them. The fight suddenly stops and Tori's mouth falls open realizing she actually started a physical fight which is out of character for her. It all happened so fast she could barely think of her actions. Tori runs home in tears leaving Jade and her friends back at the pub.

Feeling mortified and guilty, she slams the front door behind her when she enters her house. She has always tried to be the nicest friend, to have the best manners. She hated the thought of having beef with someone and put this pressure on herself to always see the good in people. It honestly was the biggest reason why Jade fell so hard.

After pouring herself a cup of hot chocolate for some comfort food, she curls up on the couch in the living room. She wipes her wet cheeks with a tissue and breathes heavily. A gentle knock comes from the door and the brunette gets up to open it.

Jade was the one standing by her door step. She looks at Tori and her heart shatters seeing her all shaken up.

Jade slowly gathers the girl in her arms and Tori wraps around her waist in response. Jade stokes her fingers through her hair, lightly scratching her head. "You don't need to fight my battles. I got them under control."

"Like you don't act possessive..."

"Touché, but don't let Eve ruin your good nature."

Tori pulls away to create distance but the two of them still have their arms wrapped around their bodies. She eyes Jade questionably. "I'm not allowed to snap at her? Do you know how hard it is to stay quiet for so long?"

"I know, but you have that beautiful heart of yours. I don't like to see it getting angry. Unless if when I tease you of course, then you're pretty cute when you get mad."

Tori glares, but that is exactly what Jade wanted to see. When that hits her, she pulls away. "Hypocrite."

Jade smiles and smirks. "That's my girl."