III

When George had said where he worked was the happiest place the on earth, Hannah hadn't totally believed him, but the moment she stepped inside Weasley Wizard Wheezes she realized he hadn't been lying.

She hadn't seen so much color since the carnivals her father had taken her to when she was younger. Beneath the grey skies of London, it stuck out like the most wonderful kind of sore thumb, magnificent and bright. George took her by the hand and led her inside, warning her not to touch anything lest it cause some nasty side-effects. Once inside the store sparks and flourishes danced around the air, circling the customers as they picked away at the shelves.

"George, it's amazing," she gasped, tugging at his arm, eyes wide with excitement. He chuckled and enjoyed watching as she struggled to keep her hands off everything.

It had been a long time since he had seen his own store as something so wondrous, but as she gasped the way people had when it first opened it seemed a bit brighter than it had over the past few months.

"Oi, George, nice of you to come into work today," a voice called from overhead, the couple looked up and found a red head peering down at them.

"Who's that?"

"My brother, Ron," he informed her as they climbed the clickity stairs. They reached the highest platform and Ron greeted them, smart suit and all.

"And you've brought a girl," he gasped, eyes studying Hannah as he leaned against one of the sturdier shelves. "I don't think I recognize you; what year were you?"

"Actually, I'm a muggle," she said with a laugh and his eyes widened, snapping quickly between the pair. "Sorry to disappoint."

"No, not, I'm not disappointed, just surprised," he stuttered, covering as poorly as anyone could. George sent him and a glare, but Hannah only laughed.

"I'm gonna go look around," she said pulling away, and then interrupted George's reminded, "And not touch anything, I'll come bother you later." And with that she gave a scandalous wink and walked away towards a group of teenagers gawking at a display of candy. He smiled as he watched her go, keeping his eyes on her until she disappeared into the crowd and then turned to Ron with a scowl.

"Real polite Ron," he growled, and Ron grimaced.

"I didn't mean it," he defended. George rolled his eyes and turned to look for Hannah once again, disappointed when she was nowhere to be found. "Where'd you meet her?"

"A pub in London, she owns it," he said like a lovesick puppy.

"You sound absolutely infatuated."

"I am..." he muttered, trailing off in thought and Ron chuckled before gasping at the sight of Hannah coming around the corner, blood pouring out of her nose. The white blouse she had been wearing before was absolutely covered in blood and laughing hysterically. "Blimey Hannah, I told you not to touch anything."

"I know, I know, but you said in the store. Some kid gave me this, figured it wouldn't be too bad," she said still laughing and trying to catch the blood in her hands. "I wish I had one when I was in school. Although I'm not quite sure how to make it stop."

"Have you got the purple bit?"

"Oh yeah, I figured I shouldn't eat anymore though until I asked," she chuckled, popping the purple into her mouth, grinning as the bleeding stopped. "That's bloody wicked, George, you came up with these?"

"Er, yeah, but-,"

"Got anymore?"

"Maybe you should get cleaned up first?" he suggested, and she looked down at her bloodied clothes, grinning sheepishly.