Lives On The Line

Thank you to those who have helped me alot!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

                 Preface

                                         (Rayne’s Point Of View)

            I walked downstairs a late summer night. I tiptoed past my parents eerily abandon bedroom, past my five older brothers each of them sound asleep on each of the five over stuffed chairs. I slipped past them to the open bay window that leads to the back yard. I walked across the dewy grass and climbed up into my tree house. I went to my sleeping bag, blankets and pillows in the corner. I slid under the unzipped piece of the sleeping bag zipped it up and through a blanket over myself. I fell into a deep sleep while old memories came flooding back into my mind.

            That night like many nights before I dreamed of my mom and dad before that terrible crash.

            I remember when all eight of us built my tree house. It was a bright spring day right before me and Alistar turned 6. I asked my mom and dad if we could built a tree house in the old oak tree that sat at the edge of out backyard lawn right before a nice wooded area.

So later that day my dad and my twin brother Alistar went to the lumberyard to pick up some wood for the tree house. We built all day my mom, dad and my brothers Johnny, Ronnie, Ashley, Josh, and my twin brother Alistar and me. Then I remembered a few weeks later Alistar and I were sick with a terrible fever I had asked mom and dad to get us some ice cream and so they left. Hours later I remember Ronnie getting a call from the police saying our parents were hit by a car with a “drunk driver” on their way home. Ronnie came in and told us that mom and dad were dead.

             I also remember crying that night with my twin brother. My brother Johnny took it all in with out shedding a tear in front of Alistar and me.

            I am Rayne Drakes and this is my story about how my brothers and me put away the guy who killed my mom and dad!

 Chapter 1: remembering and sibling bonding

                                            (Alistar’s point of view)           

            I woke up from a nightmare yet again. I went to go look for my twin sister. Knowing her she will be in the tree house again. I smelled nail polish remover, which meant that Rayne was awake and had another nightmare like me.

            I walked to the backyard and to the tree houses platform pulling myself up I was listening for my sister seeing if she was awake.

            My sister and I look a lot alike smooth short black hair with platinum white and electric blue coon tales positioned in the same random places, spider bites on both sides of our bottom lips (look at first page to see spider bites), charcoal gray eyes, the same tattooed peace sign on our right wrist and left foot made of sharpie mark, the same clothing styles and blue or black eyeliner depending on the day.

            I pulled the rope one final time and saw my twin sister curled up in a corner reading Othello again.

            “Hey Rayne-bow. Have another nightmare?” I asked sitting cross-legged next to her.

            “Hey Ali. Yeah it was bad this time. What about you?” she asked folding the corner of her page and setting her book down.

            “I’m up here with you aren’t I? Sorry I mean yeah it was pretty bad.” I said getting into my sleeping bag in the opposite corner from Rayne’s.

            “How bad was it Ali?” she asked her gray eyes looking sad and she had dark circles under her eyes.

            “It was a flash back of the night everything happened. The fever, you asking for ice scream for the both of us, the phone call, the crying, and us hiding up in the tree house. Rayne I feel like it was my fault! If I hadn’t gotten you to go out in the rain we wouldn’t have gotten sick we wouldn’t have had the fever we wouldn’t have had mom and dad dead!” I said loudly.

            “Ali it’s my fault too. I shouldn’t have said that the ice cream we had wasn’t the best for fevers,” she sobbed into her pillow when she pulled away her eyeliner and mascara was smeared on the pillow.

            “Rayne-bow look at me. It’s not our fault. I don’t want you to ever say it was your fault no matter what happens. It was never your fault.” I said moving to sit next to her. I picked up her book and read to her until she fell asleep.

            As soon as she fell asleep I went to my sleeping bag and fell asleep listening to my sister and mine’s favorite song, Fallen Angel by Black Veil Brides.

            I woke up to my older brother Josh carrying Rayne and me inside the house. He told us to get ready for school so we did and Ronnie drove us when we were done