Finding Out

(Lily's POV)

I was driving home in the afternoon. I had just gotten back from visiting my family. I was finally going to get to talk to Dally. I missed him so much over the past week. I was willing to give him a second chance. I figured it might've actually been a big thing he couldn't talk about for the sake of his friends and it had nothing to do with me.

After I stopped at my house to unpack, I left to go to the Curtis house. I had gotten real close with them since I met Dally. I walked in and saw everybody there, except Dally and Johnny. That was odd. Usually Johnny was there, and Dally was here a lot, too. "Hey, y'all!" I said smiling at them. "Where's Dally and Johnny?" I asked. They all immediately got sad looks on their faces.

"Lily, why don't you sit down for a second?" Darry said. I walked over and sat down on the couch. "While you were gone, well, a lot happened. I don't know if Dally told you, but Johnny killed a soc out of self-defense. Dally helped Ponyboy and Johnny run away. They were at this old church. After they had been staying there a bit, it caught on fire. Some kids had been stuck in there, but Johnny, Dally, and Ponyboy got them all out. They were heroes. Johnny got burnt up real bad and broke his back. Dally was mostly okay. A few days later, Johnny passed away" he said, all while making an effort not to cry. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Johnny couldn't be dead. "Dally couldn't take it. He robbed a grocery store and the cops went after him. He threatened them with an unloaded gun and they shot him. He died on the spot" he finished up. My heart shattered. This couldn't be real. My boyfriend and one of my best friends were both dead. I ran outside and into my car. I didn't start driving, I just sat in the driver's seat and started sobbing. It was then that I realized that I loved Dally. I loved him and I would never get to tell him.

(One month later)

I was sitting at a bar. It was the same one me and Dally had met at. I was surprised I was actually able to come here again after Dally died. I've been a wreck this whole month. Mya and Dana had to force me to do just about anything, including coming to this bar.

Just then, an Elvis song came on. It made me emotional as I remembered  the night me and Dally met. I guy walked up to the girl sitting next to me. I could just barely hear what he was saying.

"Wanna dance?" he asked her.

"Sure, why not?" she responded.

I hoped they would have the same story me and Dally had, with a happier ending.

The End