Exclusive Deleted Scene

EXCLUSIVE DELETED SCENE FROM IN THE PENALTY BOX 

BY LYNN RUSH AND KELLY ANNE BLOUNT

I drew in a deep breath as I pushed off for my first warm up lap. The cool air washed over me, finally calming my racing heart. I glanced up and found Caleb slouched on a bleacher, staring at his phone, totally ignoring the group of giggling girls at the end of the bench.

I zeroed in on the ice, leaning forward so I could sit into my stride more. My legs were still sore for the workout yesterday, but I pushed through the burn. Needed to get that lactic acid flowing out so I could really get moving.

The breeze flowed through my air, bit at my cheeks, and energized my blood, almost like an electrical current. This was exactly what I needed.

The scrape of someone skating behind me floated into my consciousness. Some of the guys must be here early or something. Maybe Preach. He knew I needed this. I pushed off a little harder to see if he could keep up.

The strides behind me sounded shorter according to the scrapes, but they stayed close. Preach didn't usually stay with me very long, but he must have been pushing it hard, because he was right on my ass.

I sat more and pumped my arms. I'd get him good and tired for the game if he wasn't careful.

After three laps, I was still unable to shake him, and now that I thought about it, he usually wasn't this quiet.

I glanced over my shoulder and met two huge blue eyes.

Willow's blue eyes.

They were etched into my brain forever because of almost hitting her, but now...wait...she'd kept up with me? For four laps?

"Um...you might want to watch where you're going." She slowed and peeled off.

Just as I ran smack into the boards.

I bounced onto my butt and slid to the side. "Damn it."

"Well, you skate like the Wind, but...."

"Shut it." I pushed up and faced off with her. "What are you doing here?"

"Open ice." She shrugged and pushed off again.

Wait a minute, was she wearing hockey skates?

"You're not here to--s"

"Yep." She glanced over her shoulder as I followed her on another lap. "Pick-up game."

"How'd you know?"

"What's it to ya?"

"You don't belong here."

She coasted and stood more straight as we came out of the curve. "Says you."

"These are the real deal, Willow. The town comes to watch. It's more like a game."

"Your point is..."

"You got lucky before. A fluke. You--s"

"Blocked one of your shots." She sprinted ahead.

Oh, she did not just do that. Two hard strides and I zipped by her, nudging her shoulder with mine. "Go back to your frilly dresses, Toe Pick."

She caught me, then flipped around so she was skating backwards.

I about tripped on my blades she'd moved so quickly, and so effortlessly. We were going really fast. How the hell was she doing that?

And, dang, she wasn't even breathing hard.

"I'll stop anything you throw my way, Wind." She glanced over her shoulder, then flipped back around and took off.

***********

Hey, Cliffhangers!

Hope you enjoyed that deleted scene! 

Stay safe!

Hearts and Daggers,

Kelly Anne xoxo

Pre-Order Your Copy Here: https://bit.ly/InThePenaltyBoxUniversal

Pre-Order Swag Kit: https://inthepenaltybox.pgtb.me/5lZ3zG

Synopsis: