THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

introduction

Copyright of April Keys©. No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning or otherwise without prior permission of the author.

The concept of Warriors belongs to Erin Hunter, but all characters and clans are mine and mine alone.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

details

This was a project completed over the course of about a month- it was plotted on notecards in the beginning of december, dreamt up to be a short story about a young tom cat who murders a warrior the clan described as "normal".

My initial goal was to write a story focusing on figuring out "motive" rather than "mystery", but THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW quickly transformed into a project featuring types of characters I have never written before, that I've been dying to, with dynamics I have rarely explored in works I've kept to myself let alone shared with wattpad.

This a short, dark, explorative story that I'm sharing after writing but before editing, and most of all it is a project. Each "chapter" or rather "part" explores past vs present in a short, almost blunt way, that personally I've enjoyed writing.

However, that being said...

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

warnings

THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW has content warning for gore and graphic depictions, as well as flashbacks and topics than can be traumatizing to younger audiences.

For the LGBTQ+ community, please do not go into this if you're not okay with reading intense scenes regarding our group of people. That being said, what is written in here was INTENSELY thought out and planned, NEVER placed in for shock value or effect.

Because of the mature content of this short story, I will always be placing trigger warnings at the beginning of every chapter containing something.

Be safe ❤

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

timeline

started | December 16th, 2020
finished | June 7th, 2021

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

special thanks

to all the inspirations that make me keep writing, including but not limited to:

all of the works of darkinq- & SerenadingBlackbirds

Stars Align | prophecypaw

Hierarchy | Kivalori

The Blood We Spill | Losty-

Smoke & Mirrors | vipermask

Bound to Stars | WarriorzLove

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀