Break Your Fall

Victor x Reader

Warning : Chapters 25-28 spoilers (angst)

*You fight against the Black Queen's Evol with your Evol of Awakening but it was no use. You see Victor in the distance, covered with blood. He struggles to get up and reach you. But it was too late.*

Dark Queen : This is the end for you, Black Swan Queen.

_______ : No.

*She uses the last of her powers and creates a shock wave, pushing you off the edge of a cliff. You fall beyond the cliff, not knowing what was awaiting you below.

Victor : NO!

*He rushes to the cliff side and before Dark Queen could grab a hold of him, he jumps off the cliff, falling after you.*

Dark Queen : Hmph... Guess that's that. *She leaves the scene.*

*You were unconscious. Your heart was beating so fast, you couldn't bear to hold on to your consciousness to find out where you were heading. Your skin was getting really cold as the rough wind attacks you as you fall. You seem to hear a faint but familiar voice above you. But your thought wondered, Why wasn't I strong enough? You felt the fall of defeat and it bears a much a heavy burden in your heart than the fall you're facing right now. And finally, you reached the bottom. But technically, it's not the complete bottom. You've fallen into a pool of water, slowly drowning and sinking. The water wasn't warm at all rather it was very cold and the feeling of being uninvited came swirling in you. Suddenly, a hand grabbed yours in the midst of the fall. The hand pulled you closer to a warm embrace. Even if it was cold, the warmth coming from him was able to dissipate all the cold. He slowly swims up to the surface and pulls you onto a nearby shore. You hear him call your name. The panic and worried in his voice made you worry but you still couldn't grasp your consciousness and wake up to see him.*

Victor : ______?

_____ : ....

Victor : ______?!

_____ : ....

*He panicked even more. Fearing that he was already too late from the very beginning.*

Victor : Come on, dummy. Wake up!

_____ : ....

Victor : Please... Just wake up. Wake up!

*The voice you hear was unlike him. You were suddenly afraid to wake up. He sees your body jolted a bit after his yell. He then sat next to you and pulled you into his embrace as he slowly whispers, only you and him can hear.*

Victor : Please, wake up. I don't want to lose you like how I did before. I wasn't strong enough that day when we ran out of the facility. I searched for you for years and thought that you probably might have been gone for good. But when I found you again, I swore that I will never let anything happen to you and would always stay by your side. When I sent you away, I did everything I could in order to keep this world in order until you came back. I've broke your fall many times. So please, I just need you to wake up. Wake up, ______. I'm right here with you.

*You then slowly open your eyes and calls out his name.*

______ : Victor?

Victor : You're awake?

*You moved you hands to brush away a trace of tear drop that fell on his cheek.*

______ : You....

Victor : Dummy...

*He kissed your lips before you could say anything more. You broke his fall by coming back to him. A saviour for a saviour. A love for love.*

THE END