The computer Lab

When sitting for lunch, the entire study tables and chairs are tilted against the wall. That's when we come face to face directly. We two sit almost the same position against the wall on either side. While lifting the lid of lunch- box it's hard to curb the uncontrollable wandering of my eyes which would always end up at her face.  Sanoob's hand which always tries to loot something out of my pocket is like an alarm for me to remember myself  the still unopened pickle packet of one Rupee bought from Kakka's shop situated at the right end of the playground. The porridge of those days was like heavenly food. Hey .. wait. Not like that. It doesn't mean it was so tasty. It means a porridge that will not run out no matter how much you eat. How can it be done unless the frocky-little girl sitting ahead gets up to wash her hands?

Everyone who has tasted love has said one thing in common. When he or she comes close, when they speak, it's as if a bolt of lightning goes out of stomach. So was mine. Although having been studied in same class in first and second years, just it's now I feel something that didn't feel at all. How to let her know that. Should not she be given at least a hint? What if someone else felt the same way about her? What if they befriended her before me ...?
My little heart was immersed in thoughts, feasting on worries and new desires. Because I did not know how to speak well and make her laugh, and because did not had enough 'income' so that I would buy sweets for her from Kakka's shop, the only thing I could do was to look at her mouth which was indeed a free of cost job. Meanwhile, when I saw two three boys with such talents/abilities got along well with her, it seemed like the sky was felling all over me. One of them was a friend of mine. And what to say. It's felt as if someone was holding my throat. Every time i see them playing and chuckling each other, a terrible weight was taking place on the throat. Sometimes I felt guilty for not being born into a wealthy family. Somewhere a ray of hope says not to cry ...

The day Hamza Mash (Mash means teacher in Malayalam) told to go to the computer lab. It was rare, at least once a week, no guarantee. Therefore, it is a marathon run to the lab. There will be five or six of students on one computer. Six or seven computers in total. The hour will be all about drawing and playing games. I was fond of drawing. A nighttime picture of a house in a valley was my all-time favorite. In fact, it was the only thing i knew to draw. To create the nighttime, the entire drawing area would be colored black and the house is drawn with a white line. Then a circle is added and will be given a yellow color, like the moon. Overall an attractive work. Such an attractiveness born from the hands of an eight year old lover, was going to put an end to his wait, made something deemed impossible, a reality.

After completing the picture, I was writing my mother's name below it, surprisingly, two hands fell from behind on both my shoulders ...
"Wow... it's so cool .. what a beauty .."
It didn't take even a fraction of second for me to be lifted to the air, flew over the computers, penetrated the walls of the lab, and merged into the atmosphere. I take the pace of the air, leaving my body there down, just for her to put her hands, flying into some world of fulfillment....