I Am Indeed Lucky To Have You

I sit down as I struggle to fight the urge to shut my eyelids. What idiot thought it was a good idea to bake at almost midnight? I just came home from work, too.

"Hey. Are you sleeping on me?" He chuckles. "You dragged me into this, if you continue sleeping I'm gonna have to deprive you of this cake," He sets the spatula down and turns around to face me.

Yup. I'm an idiot.

"Alright... A'ight," I say lazily. I attempt to take off my hair tie but my body was already giving up on me. I give up and leave my hair tie halfway off my hair and stand beside him. "We're, uh, what?"

I could have sworn I was in a jungle just earlier. What was I dreaming about? All I remember is the tiger. What happened to it?

He shakes his head and takes the tie off for me. "I'm halfway done frosting the cake. You should put the strawberries on before I put it in the fridge," He sits where I was before and smiles.

He must love watching me drag my entirety like a corpse. I groan and get the strawberries over with.

"Don't eat them," His constant laughter is getting annoying.

Nevertheless, I eat a few strawberries. He doesn't need to know that, though. I box up the cake and start putting away the things we used.

He walks to the fridge. "You ate one, didn't you?" There goes that laugh. Again.

I ignore his remarks and slowly approach him from behind, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" He closes the fridge and turns around, but I tighten my grip to make him stay in place.

I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist, forcing him to piggyback me. I shoot him a lazy smile, although I doubt he'd see. "This."

He fixes our position. "You really are insane."

I bury my head in the crook of his neck and close my eyes. "You call me that too much," I whine.

"Well, you are," he mutters the next words. "That's one of the reasons I love you."

Oh? Do people really need reasons for loving? "What else do you love me for, then?"

"Everything else about you, I guess," He gently places me on the bed as I utter a slurred, "Thank you."

"They really kept you up at the studio for that late?" He sits beside me. "They should definitely give you credits after leaving you like this."

"I'm fine," I yawn. "I like the studio."

He sighs. "I know you do," he gently kisses my forehead. "Good night," He slowly retracts from the bed.

Both my eyes shoot open. "Hey... I did most of the mixing earlier. Do you think you could—?"

"The dishwasher is functional. I'll put them there," He smiles. "You should rest. I'll be sleeping on the sofa later."

"Thanks." I flop back down on the bed.

"You're lucky you have me," he says in a playful tone.

I open my mouth to say a rebuttal but nothing comes to mind. Denying what he just said would feel wrong.

"There's no doubt about that." I smile under the covers.