An Adventure of... Paimon? (Chapter One)

"Please choose your-"

"Please choose y-"

"Please-"

It was the same as always. The game when they would start anew would randomly glitch out in the middle of nowhere just as they began to experience the storyline once more. Normally, (y/n) wouldn't have found this as much as a problem, but with the fact that it had been going on for ages really discourage them from even loading up the game on their pc. They clicked on their mouse, putting the loading screen aside before rising up from their small chair in their apartment.

It wasn't a big apartment, room for two, but they always wanted to be left alone in case something might have happened to them. Different sticky note colors were everywhere, chips and cookies were situated on the bed, and dishes weren't piled as high as before, as you took a break and flopped down on it. Heartwarming was it? To get away from your parents while they supported your decisions? And wasn't it perfect to have a working job for yourself to make you live your best life?

You had no idea, how much that the game would have addicted you from the very beginning when you had loaded it up in hopes of distracting yourself from your real job. Oh boy, did you have to explain to your parents on why you didn't eat for a couple of hours on end while screaming about something called "Oceanids" and "Pyros". You had no choice but to be addicted to this game, it was like looking into something that was more real than 2020 itself. You were a functioning adult during this time, yes, but to this day, working during times like these were hard. 

Your name was (y/n), and you worked as a (your dream job) during 2020. While you lived in (your dream state, or rather, country, if you will), and had many friends to go on, you would have to imagine what it would be like to go into Teyvat.

"Huh? A new update? 1.2 comes out when?!"

"Aw man, it's so late! I really wish I could experience the storyline again for extra exp..."

That, and the fact that you were hellbent on finding every chest, any corner of some sort of adventurer's rank that you could find, you were set on getting all of them. Whether it be to fight the bosses multiple times, or to ascend a character that you had an emotional attachment to, you were set on becoming stronger to help your friends out who just got the game. 

You set your phone down after that, turning off the lights of the kitchen and the whole apartment before looking at the computer. The game seemed to look back at you, the door waiting and anticipating your arrival at its huge doorways. You shook your head, leaving the computer running to update itself as you settled back into your bed for a good night's rest. It was only 4am, and tomorrow was the weekend, so you had all the time in the world to play Genshin from the beginning. 

Taking one last look, you felt the heaviness of sleep covering you like a soft blanket, as you lightly snored into a deep sleep into the void and abyss of your mind.

"... You have chosen."

--

Even after all of that, where would I go? I'm lost, and even if I found myself, I wouldn't. It's only a constant cycle of -

SHUT UP MIND.

Alright, fine.

--

"We should head off! Let's get going!"

At first, you didn't know why you heard a voice, after all, you were deep in your sleep. Then, the lightness of being awake started to flutter into your mind, causing you to jolt up your head in a quick and fast motion. Your eyes hadn't focused in yet, but it appeared to be... sandy? And better yet, why were you dreaming about sand?