Pt. Eighteen

Tessa

He tried to turn the wheel but missed it. His hands moved too much to the left, where the truck was.

Heading straight towards our direction.

He was on his phone one moment. The next he looks down, at first I thought he was trying to be a smartass and do a stupid car trick but before I realised it, Hardin's car rolls down the highway.

------------------

Hardin

It's been weeks now since the accident and she's been laying in the same hospital room, for weeks.

I've never seen her come out of it with a doctor, nurse or by herself.

They told me that she's awake.

For exactly 28 days I've been afraid to walk into that room. I haven't even fucking peeked.

I'm just fucking scared.

She's been awake for 3 days now and healing.

I've been awake for 2 weeks now. I've made a faster recovery, I don't know how but ever since I woke up I've been pacing back and fucking forth trying to figure out what I'm going to say to her when she wakes up.

I've been trying to gather up my words for the past 2 weeks since I actually woke up.

She probably hates me.

No.

She definitely fucking hates me!

Fuck. Fuck.

The doctor walks in. The doctor that has helped both me and Tessa. He updates me constantly about her and let's me know how she's doing.

I'm just being a good friend.

"Mr. Scott." He begins with a bunch of stupid doctor files in his hands, he holds it tight to his chest before looking me straight in my eyes.

I look him straight in his eyes, biting my nails.

I don't want her to have some fucking tumour because of this or end up having some cliché death.

I don't want her to be gone...

"Ms. Young has requested to see you." He says and my heart pounces like a lion on prey.

"Fuck." I mumble to myself and then follow him.

At this point, I have nothing to lose...

I walk in the room and she's laying on the bed facing window. Her back is towards me and she's curled up into a little ball.

The doctor gives me a small nod and closes the door.

Thanks, Doc.

Dick.

I still don't like him. But he did treat Tessa...

I slowly walk up to her and make sure she sees my face.

My hair is so fucking long now.

But hers looks untouched, it looks amazing like always. Her face doesn't have any cuts or scars, she looks like no one hurt her.

She's like an angel, untouched and still in somewhat shock...

"Tess...?" I look at her with tears forming in my eyes, I'm scared.

What if she doesn't even remember who I am? It's not like we had much but we had fun. We had little arguments that I found funny.

She found me arrogant. I found her beautiful.

She looks up at me with her ocean blue eyes... They've always stood out to me.

She stares straight through my heartbroken soul.

Fuck.

We're not dating.

Not married.

Not even fucking friends and I feel so much sorrow and sympathy for this one girl.

She's in so much pain because of me.

I've fucked up and she's in pain because of me.

"Tess. Please speak. I know we're not close. But please, talk to me..." She stays silent. "Tess, please. Listen... Uh... I've never been the type to love or even care for anyone but there's something about you, like some kind of magnetic force that has been pulling me towards you this whole time. I always had to be near you. I moved classes. I had to lie to be near you. I wanted to do what you do. I felt something that I've never felt with no other girl. Tessa, I know you're angry at me. But please reply. I'm so fucking sorry that I've done this to you. I don't want to be a bad guy. I'm no bad guy, Tess..."

At this point... I'm fucking crying. This is the first time I've cried since my mum...

I've never cared for girls.

But I hurt Tess.

I've always wanted to be near her.

We were meant to go to my house.

I wanted her to meet my parents.

I wanted her to see that I'm a good guy.

That I can care.

I run my fingers through my dark, long hair. It's spiky and oily, I haven't cared for it for weeks now.

I sniff, I try to be as quiet as I can.

"I never wanted to hurt you, Tess... I swear it. I'm just a mess. I wanted it to be different. I swear." I cry out.

I wipe my tears and dry my cheek. She's still staring at the window. The Doc says her eyes move only once a day. They're mostly staring at the window outside.

I look on the small table next to her bed.

There's a note.